Monday, September 10, 2012

Stripes + Booties, The Look Recreated

Happy Monday Friends.  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  I know we sure did.  Here is a little sneak peek- We cooked some amazing flatbread pizzas for an evening boat ride with some good friends and Sterling had his first pony ride.  Check out his facial expression, makes me laugh everytime I look at it!Good stuff all around!


After my post on Friday, I got a crazy amount of emails wanting me to find sources and recreate this look I posted. Here is the original. I am pretty smitten with the entire look.


I am almost certain the jeans are Rag and Bone.  I am guessing they are either the:




I am also pretty sure I will be buying a pair of these.  I stand by the fact that Rag and Bone Jeans are the most flattering jeans around.
I am not sure who the actual top is by but I found several great options for you!  The Gap version is the cheapest but I think the Maison Scotch one is my favorite and the closest to the look.



 
This top is a little different style but I think it would look so cute with the booties and jeans.



Gap Striped Crewneck Top
This is a great price and comes in three different colors.

And while I was searching for striped tops. I found the perfect stripe dress for Fall.  This will be added to my closet for sure.  I always love Joie pieces. It is also a really good price for a dress you could wear all the time.  Look how great it looks paired with booties as well.
{Joie Ranana Dress}


I am not sure who the exact maker of the Booties is either, but these are a darn close match, if not the actual booties she is wearing in the inspiration picture.


A better price and pretty similar.
For fun I decided to raid my closet and try my hand at recreating this look with what I had on hand- minus the top knot.  Not happening.  Surprisingly I had some pretty similar items in my closet.  Don't be shocked if you see me rocking this look around town now that I know I can recreate it!  Btw I feel so stupid posing for pictures, how do models do it?


20 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Why are you so damn cute and skinny?!?!?! Ahhhhh. Jelly. And those pizzas. Shit. Ya.

Lala said...

I am warming up to the booties, so cute on you! And those pizzas, nom nom...looks like you did have a fun weekend-Happy Monday :)

Melissa W. said...

Your thighs do NOT touch!!!! {{{jealous}}} LOL! You look perfect!

Baby Shopaholic said...

That look is super cute! A perfect go to outfit!

Portuguese Prepster said...

you look too cute! and the flatbreads look incredible!

caycee said...

Damn those flatbreads look delish!! You better take us on that boat soon ;) And you look presh in that outfit!

Unknown said...

Those pizzas look delish!!! And I love that look you posted- so thanks for recreating!! I am sure I have a striped shirt and similar jeans lying around...now I just need some booties!! Hope you had a great weekend!

Becca | Lowlife Couture said...

I have that same joie dress sitting in my shop bop cart! eeee!! might have to make it mine today!

Jill said...

well down, you look great!!

I heard there was a Blake/Ryan event in your hometown this weekend!!

Jill said...

oops I meant well done!!

Sassy said...

Those flatbreads look BEYOND delicious! The fig one especially..mmm

You did a fab job recreating the look! I am desperate for new skinny jeans and I'll dying for a pair of Rag and Bones - those distressed ones may be coming to my closet soon. :)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

You nailed the recreation!! And you don't look stupid. You look adorable.

Thank you for your comment. I wonder why I don't have an email associated with my account? I thought I did.

I love the queso idea! I ended up making a pizza with pesto, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and corn. It was TDF!!

The Daily Stroll said...

Pizzas look delish and that dress is going on my shopping list this week! :) You look great in that outfit!!

Brooke said...

Cute stripes!

Natalie said...

So easy and chic, I love this look! You nailed it!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I love that you just did all the leg work for me on that outfit (c; And I tell ya what, I'm going to have to get me some of these Rag and Bone jeans, you always look awesome in yours...do you think they will magically shave off 10lbs while we're at it??? (c; ha! And love the cute look on Sterling's face, priceless!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love how you recreated the look...gorgeous as always! And I WANT each one of those pizzas!

Anonymous said...

NIIIICE!!! Yeah you are tiny and so pretty!!! I want your legs!!!!! I have little booties like that and I am absolutely obsessed with them. They can be worn with anything!! xoxoox

Lili said...

LOVE LOVE this look! and the dress is lovely too!

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

i have that look on my pinterest page -- obsessed!! and love your version, adorable :)