Tuesday, September 4, 2012

House Updates + Super Duper Easy Meal

I hope you all had a fabulous Labor Day Weekend.  I know I did.  Much of mine was spent re-arranging and decorating but I love doing that kind of stuff.  We made some great house progress and I will share a few pictures of what we accomplished.

First off, I am pretty happy with my Entryway and how it turned out. I moved the table that our TV was sitting on in the den and switched out the mirror and lamps.  One thing I still want to change is,  I would like two stools instead of the one big one under the table.  Problem is they need to be fairly narrow to fit two, so I am still searching for the perfect ones.



In our den I moved this piece that was in my Dining Room to sit the TV on.  Yes, our TV really is that giant thanks to the hubs.  It is an eyesore to decorate around but great for watching TV:)  Wingback chairs still need to be recovered.  Maybe that will happen one day soon.....


And you might notice my two little friends peeking out.  I finally found the perfect spot for my Foo Dogs I won off Cassie's blog!


Here is our new piece for the Dining Room.  I am not finished with the shelves,  I am sure they will be restyled many more times. 
Here are my thoughts- should I repaint the whole Hutch?  Or just repaint/wallpaper the back area?  Or leave as is?  For now it is staying as is, but since Sterling is starting school back I now have time to tackle some projects and I'm contemplating painting it.  Thoughts?


I finally hung my sweet Silhouette of Sterling that WayWay painted. I was going to hang it in his room but ended up hanging it in the Dining Room and I love it!  Its right by my wine so I can look at that sweet face everytime I pop a bottle.


I made alot of progress in Sterling's Big Boy Room and I will reveal pictures soon when I have it completed. I had hoped to have it done this weekend but part of his headboard got left in Charlotte so I was not able to assemble the whole bed. Currently there is a mattress and box springs just sitting on the ground on his room, but guess what Sterling didn't care! He was so excited to sleep in his big boy bed.  I feel like I really did the switch to the Big Boy bed at the perfect age.   Two nights and two naps in and he is doing great- no late night visits to our room yet!
Here is my sweets sleeping away, so darn cute but it does make me a little sad he is growing up so fast.



Lots of good stuff going but still more work to be done!

 Now onto food.  I made this pizza probably 4 times over the past week.  It is only 5 ingredients and super easy.  I am drooling just thinking about it. 
{Mini Pizzas with Tomatoes, Arugula and Cilantro Lime Sauce}


Thanks to Trader Joes for offering samples while I shopped last week.  I would have normally never bought this Cilantro Lime dressing, but they had samples of it and I loved it!  And if you have never bought their Naan bread you must.  The Whole Wheat version is so good.  Here is what you need for these tasty pizzas.


{MINI PIZZAS WITH TOMATO, ARUGULA, AND CILANTRO LIME SAUCE}

-Whole Wheat Naan Bread
- TJ Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
-Arugula
-1 Tomato sliced
-any cheese you choose (I had Manchego on hand and used it)

Bake Naan for about 3-5 minutes.  I bake it first so it doesn't get too soggy with the sauce sitting it on it.  Take out of oven and spread Cilantro Lime sauce over it.  Layer with Tomatoes (sprinkle with salt and pepper), Arugula, and Cheese.  Bake about 10 minutes until cheese melts.  Slice and Enjoy!


26 comments:

Lala said...

I would paint the hutch and wallpaper the back. Maybe a deep blue or a dark grey color? Great progress- I'm working on the big boy room also, I'm sure Sterling's is adorbs!

Jill said...

I always have that dressing in my fridge so I must try that pizza.

You got much more done this weekend then I did, Matthew's room is now just a complete mess and totally unorganized

Laur said...

That pizza looks delish! And your house looks so cute. I think I would paint or wallpaper the back. Depends on the rest of the colors in your room, but it would be nice for a pop of color. Cant wait to see the big boy room!

Julia Ryan said...

LOVE all the changes! And paint the hutch and the backs! DO IT!!!

Sadie + Stella said...

Love your entryway styling! I keep saying I need to make homemade pizzas! You have just kicked me in the ass to do so!

caycee said...

Love it all! I say paint the hutch wallpaper the back and change the hardware.... we will chat over lunch tomorrow kid free ;)

17 Perth said...

Love all of the changes!! And that pizza looks tasty. I love manchego cheese....I think it is a must try.

Unknown said...

Love your entry way- I think the single stool looks great because you have the 2 matching lamps above that seem to give it all balance. maybe find another stool that's maybe a glossy white( garden stool?) or pops with color. Also- come cook me dinner!! Your food pics almost make me want to cook!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I love make homemade fun mini pizzas! this is definelty a recipe I'll have to try. Love your redecorating. Maybe wallpapering the back could be fun?

Andrea said...

All of your house updates look great! I love the hutch and think if you painted the back a lighter color (light blue or gray) that would be nice too. I have been searching high and low for cilantro dressing! Our TJ's is not opening until October so I must remember this for next month!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Love the entry! Paint it black.

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

The house is looks pretty over there Nat! Looks like you! And that pizza looks great. I don't like cilantro though, wonder if they do different sauces like that....

Alicia xoxxo said...

Sterling is so adorable!!!! That pizza looks delish and I am def going to make it!

viv said...

Those pizzas made my mouth water a bit. YUM!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I'm having awesomeness overload...the entry is looking pretty bomb-diggity, that mini pizza is ridiculously delish looking, and most overwhelming: how did Sterling get to be so *BIG*??? His face is looking less and less baby and more and more little man! So sweet and cute! Love the little silhouette with his cute curls (c:

Tasha said...

Love the changes you made to your house!! You have a great eye girl!! Crazy question, what size is your tv? We have a 32 inch and my husband wants a bigger one. I think your size would do the trick! Really don't want anything bigger than a 46". Making the pizza for dinner tonight, yum!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing Amazing!!! Totally wallpaper the back of the hutch!!! That has been on my to do list for my china cabinet for about 1 year. Maybe I'll get to it one day!! haha xoxo

Ashley said...

I vote to paint the back of the hutch! And I also have 2 wingback chairs that have been on my re-upholstery list forever. Someday!

Toni said...

Sterling is so cute! Can you tell me where you purchased the blanket that he's using? I need something like that before we switch to our warm down comforter for winter. Just discovered your blog and I'm enjoying it. The pizza looks delish and the changes are looking great!

Taylor said...

your entryway looks incredible!!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Natasha said...

the house progress looks amazing my friend...love how it is all coming together and you are putting your perfect touch on everything to make it complete

The Freckled Redhead said...

Your new hutch is great! I think it would look nice with a pop of color. Wallpaper is really cool on a book shelf however it can get to busy once you put all your items on it.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

My-cliffnotes said...

Found your blog on instagram! That recipe looks soo good.

Tab

Michaela said...

I think I'd paint the new hutch and wallpaper/paint the back to really pop that area! It's a great piece with such good structure. I can't wait to see what you end up doing :) The silhouette of Sterling is so precious. That pizza looks great...yummmo!

Katrine - make it and fake it said...

the blouse looks amazing on you!! and that hummus, testing it is def going down this weekend!! thanks for sharing :)

love K

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Things are looking good around your house, girl! I say paint the hutch... but what color are you thinking? Love that silhouette of Sterling, by the way.