Monday, September 17, 2012

Scenes From Our Weekend

Monday is always here way too soon.  We had such a nice weekend.  Matt and I even got a solo night to ourselves because his parents kept Sterling over night Saturday and we got to sleep in til 8:30- such a treat I tell you!  I can't remember the last time I laid in bed past 7!  After a kid its the little things!

Friday I was inspired by Cassie's F21 post so I popped in there to browse.  Found this great blouse- the color is even better in person.  Such a steal at $19.00
{Sheer Smocked Tie-Neck Blouse}


Friday night we cooked out at my sister in law and brother in laws house.  They are staying in one of his family's houses downtown on The Battery and it is fabulous.  I didn't get any family pictures of course but I did snap a picture of this vintage wallpaper in one of the bathrooms.  How great is it for kids?


Saturday we started off our anniversary with a family bike ride to the park.


We then cooled off with some beers and pizza.  I am so not a beer drinker- like I probably have not had a beer in months but for some reason it sounded good yesterday and it was tasty as well!


I busted out my Parker Dress, from last year to wear for our Anniversary Date Night.  I love that the weather here is not quite so humid and it is cooler in the evening,  so I can wear some fall clothes!


 Before our Anniversary Dinner we stopped by a party at our Yacht Club to celebrate our neighbor Pete, who was  being inducted to President.  It was the perfect evening to be out on the water!


We ate at one of our favorite restaurants for dinner.  I had Salmon over arugula with heirloom tomatoes and fresh goat cheese and Matt had Flounder- like literally a whole flounder!  They were both incredible!


We of course had to snap the obligatory self portraits!  Cheers to 5 years.


Sunday we relaxed.  Poor Sterling has a touch of a cold.  I took him on an afternoon jog with me and he passed out cold.  Look at that sweet face!   I have started calling him Mr.  Scrumptious because I just can't get enough of him!  This is such a fun and loving age!


24 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

ADORE STERLING! And loving that F21 top so much! I might have to go snag that!

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary! Was that the crispy flouder at Ansons? TO DIE FOR! And I love your top. I wish we had a F21 here for quick trendy clothes.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Looks like a great weekend! That whole Flounder would scare me! :-)

Love your dress and you looked gorgeous as usual!

Susan said...

Yay for date night! And sleeping in!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

So glad you had a nice anniversary weekend! And that wallpaper is so fun. xo

Susan said...

@N-is that a Bugaboo? How is it for running?

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys are adorable! And Sterling is so freaking cute!

Christina said...

Love the F21 top. That wallpaper is so Lilly Pulitzer!

Georgine said...

Your family is so sweet!! And you looked killer for your anniversary date, your hubs must love showing you off :) XOXO

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Congrats on your anniversary! And great pick with that yellow blouse, is gorgeous!

Lili said...

happy anniversary! sterling is so sweet!

btw, your wedding gown was gorgeous! you looked radiant!

Unknown said...

So cute! I loved your post! Your son is BEYOND presh!

xx,
maia
highcottonhoney.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Sterling is precious and I think the name Mr. Scrumptious is very fitting!! Happy Anniversary- looks like a great weekend of celebrating!! I need to make a trip to f21 and when are you coming to Charlotte again? Blogger dinner is in order~

megan said...

Glad yall had a nice anniversary weekend and got to sleep in a little! Which restaurant did yall go to?

Jenny Castle Design said...

Happy 5 years - I love looking at your wedding pics, gorgeous!!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

What a fun weekend -- you guys look great. And Sterling is such a perfect blend of you both!!!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Love that parker dress!

Leslie said...

Aww, Sterling is so precious! I hope he feels better soon. Sounds like a great anniversary weekend. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your Anniversary! Very cute find from F21!

Heather @ my peanut butter cups said...

Happy Anniversary! (And OMG, that Flounder needs it's own platter - holy cow!) -Heather

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

Happy Anniversary! Love your outfit for your date night!!

Megan said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!

I was inspired by Cassies F21 post too so I stopped in there but ours had NOTHING but I did get a couple belts! :)

Colleen said...

Love the color of that F21 top. If that's Anson's my husband had the same dinner as yours did. Delicious! Love that place. Happy anniversary!

Oh Sunnie Day said...

Heading over to F21 today! That blouse looks so chic

xx

jen