Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Obsessions

Awhile ago I saw this image on Pinterest and I loved it.  Loved the girls hair, but I especially loved her shirt.  Well I found it online and it is just lovely.  Dying to add this to my blouse collection!



BB Dakota is quickly becoming one of my new favorite brands because everything is so affordable. 
I love vests for the fall.  They can really spice up an outfit.  You could throw on this vest over anything and it would look cute.  I picture if with a blouse and skinny jeans or for an edgier look with liquid leggings and a tee shirt.



{FRONT PORCH}
This front porch is simple yet chic.  I would love to do something similar for our screened in porch.


Ladies you need to get to Old Navy STAT.  They had some really cute stripped dresses for only $19.94.  They are light weight and perfect for this time of the year.  I think they will also be great when it gets cooler with boots.


I didn't see this version in our store but found it online.  Love the neon yellow stripe dress.  You could buy 4 of these for less than $100! A real steal.  Such versatile dresses and great for layering pieces.




{BLACK BEAN BURGERS}
This has become one of my favorite meals.  I have been eating Black Beans burgers like crazy whenever we eat out.  Anyone have a good recipe to make them at home?  The burger below is from Triangle Grill here in Charleston and it remains one of my favorite Black Bean Burgers.  Served with a side of Collards= best meal ever!


{REESES WHOPPERS}
This is so random but I picked these up the other day at the Grocery store while I was checking out- dang you grocery store and your food displays near the register, they suck me and Sterling in everytime.  These are so bad for you but so good.  I allow myself 5 a day to have a sweet snack and they are so delish I always want to shovel the whole box in my mouth.

30 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

I make a mean black burger. I have to say. I am buying these Old Navy's as we speak. Totally copying. We need to pair your blouse infested closet with my skirt infested closet. We could rule the world!

Anonymous said...

Shut up with those Reese's Whoppers. I think my head is going to explode right now...I wish I had not learned these existed.

Julia Ryan said...

That first blouse is so insane, I love it! And that ON dress looks great. They didn't have anything in our stores in the colors I wanted or my size last week when I checked. Boo. I need to learn to make black bean burgers. I love black beans!

Melissa W. said...

You are slowly changing me! When you first started posting your love for blouses, I would skip right down to your next item. They would scream "grandma" to me. My granny always used that word, "blouse." Fast-forward a few months and I caught myself buying one, loving it, and now looking for more! LOL! I think I just may go to F21 this weekend for some "grandma shirts!" kidding :-)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I was in ON last week and saw a ton of great stuff. And that black bean burger looks divine. Really. And I have that porch saved too, major inspiration for my side area when we move our current patio furniture out back.

blue chickadee said...

Loving that Club Monaco blouse-would look so great on you!!! I too am a sucker for black bean burgers!!! Would love a great recipe if you find one!!!

Kyle said...

I love the ON dress. Melanie had posted about it a week or so ago. I picked up the navy and red version. Cute and versatile. Will be great with boots or booties. Those black bean burgers look yummy.

Unknown said...

The very first picture in this post is from Emily at www.cupcakesandcashmere.com. If you don't already read her blog, you MUST start. You would love it. Love your obsessions posts!

megan said...

So many things I'm loving about this post. First, that blouse is so amazing. Old Navy has really been stepping it up lately and I'm loving those dresses. And I need to buy those PB Whoppers for my Dad. Pretty sure he would freak he'd be so excited. Have a good day!!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love that hairstyle!

Lindsay said...

I saw a similar blouse on Tobi..
http://www.tobi.com/product/46228-tobi-queen-vic-button-down?color_id=59888

Pink and Green Mom said...

I haven't tried it yet, but Melissa d'Arabian has a black bean burger recipe in her new cookbook...here's a link from another blog http://delishasrecipes.blogspot.com/2012/08/black-bean-nacho-burger-with-guacamole.html

Unknown said...

Those dresses are darling and would look fab with some brown riding boots and a brown belt!

xx,
maia
highcottonhoney.blogspot.com

viv said...

The Club Monaco shirt is stunning!

nicole said...

Try this one from Iowa Girl Eats: http://iowagirleats.com/2012/06/18/chipotle-black-bean-burgers/ Sooo good and it makes great leftovers:)

Christina said...

I have that ON dress in grey/coral. It's so comfortable and cute w/ flats. I tried the black bean burger at Triangle last Saturday...mine totally fell apart! Did yours? I liked the one at Sesame better. Maybe I just got a bad one bc I feel like it had no flavor. :(

nicole said...

Try this one from Iowa Girl Eats: http://iowagirleats.com/2012/06/18/chipotle-black-bean-burgers/ Sooo good and it makes great leftovers:)

High Cotton Style said...

Get out..going to get that Old Navy Dress asap!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I'm obsessed with black bean burgers too!! I even like the ones by Morningstar.

It's already sweater weather here in Chicago!!! YIKES.

Stefanie said...

I picked up one of those striped dresses but it has red stripes with the navy on top. Can't wait to layer it. And thanks for sharing those Whoppers... now I can't stop thinking about them.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

That Club Monaco blouse is so beautiful! And I love that porch!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Love the Club Monaco top!
I just purchased the gray and green stripe dress from ON. It's a perfect dress for casual fall days.

natasha {schue love} said...

Loving ON's dresses! So cute! And that first blouse is gorg!

Taylor said...

dying over all of your shopping finds!! the blouse and vest are incredible - and the neon yellow striped dress (esp for that price) is a must have!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Amber Steel said...

That Club Monaco shirt is killer, great find! Now I want a black bean burger.

Nat said...

Love that Club Monaco blouse! ON has such good stuff last time I was there, I was shocked!

Angie said...

Look up Houston's black bean burgers. It's a lot of work but definite,y worth it.

Bud and Leo said...

omggg reese's whoppers! i can't!

embraced by grace said...

I'd love for you to show how you would wear the old navy dresses with boots and if you wear tights with them.

Bri Buzali said...

I just bought BOTH of those dresses for old navy, I can't wait for them to get here!