Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Favorite Jeans

I have gotten several emails from readers asking me my favorite jeans.  I have tried on many, many jeans.  I know what I like and I know exactly how I want my jeans to fit. 

A few musts for me:  I prefer a darker wash, it is always more slimming in my opinion.  I also prefer higher waisted jeans.  After a baby the higher waist really just helps suck things in, so you have no over hang if you know what I mean.  I am also a huge fan of skinny jeans.  They are all I wear.  I think they are the most versatile because they work with boots over them, with ballet flats or with heels.  I also like my jeans to have a touch of stretch, not too much and not too little- it has to be the perfect amount.  Not too much to ask for in a pair of jeans, right?

The four jeans below are my tried and true favorites.  I own them all and I promise they are flattering.  I know jeans are not cheap and I take jean buying very seriously.  I wear mine for years before I buy new ones.  These all wash and wear well.

I am not going to lie, I own two pairs of these because I am terrified one pair will be dirty and I will have nothing to wear.  That is how much these rock.  I bought one pair before I had Sterling and then after I picked up another pair to have a back-up.  I get compliments everytime I wear these.

I also have "The Skinny Jeans" in black as well.  As you can see they sit higher up on the waist and look super slimming.  I high;y recommend the black and blue in this jean.



I used to be very loyal to my 7 jeans til my friend Katie introduced me to these.  They are seriously the best fitting jeans.  I swear they suck you in and make you look 5 lbs thinner easily.  They are a dark Navy color but could almost pass for black.  These are an everyday staple of mine.


I blogged about these a few weeks ago and trust me they are the best colored jeans you will find.  They suck you in and slim you in like no others!  I swear these feel like they have Spanx built in them.   Plus all the colors are pretty fabulous.


I own these in Nude and love them.  They sit high up and never really stretch out too much!  The pockets on the front are sewn shut too which creates a sleeker and slimmer look.


They just came out in these two new colors for Fall and I really want the light green pair.



So there you have it, all my favorites jeans!  So tell me am I missing out on any fabulous jeans?  What are your favorites?  Any must haves I need to add to my Fall Wardrobe?

20 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Sevens have ALWAYS fit me perfectly. They are my go to if I am buying jeans.

Jill said...

My favorite are 7 as well. I also own a pair of Paige cropped skinny that i also love

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Sevens and bdg are my favorites, but currently I'm obsessed with Current/Elliot, they fit AMAZING!

Liz said...

Hey Natalie! Do you buy these in person or order them online? Just wondering how the sizing is. Thanks girl! Hope you are well!

Susan said...

Yay yay yay for this post. I am a Hudson girl, but after two babies in 18 months, I need something higher waisted! Awesome info. Tx!

Julia Ryan said...

Sevens are my favorite. Absolutely trying those first ones on. They're going to be my new jeans I'm sure of it.

Kyle said...

I am loyal to JBrand. They definitely fit me the best. Another favorite pair are the Citizens of Humanity Avedon slick skinny jeans in dark wash. They almost look black.

Ashley said...

My current favorites are Paige and Current/Elliot, but those Rag & Bone pair I have got to try on. I love the cropped ankle!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love Paige Denim and Joe's Jeans too. They also suck you in and must have spanx in them! I want to try Rag & Bone but my husband counted and I own over 20 pair of jeans. I am now in the "dog jean" house. :-)

Sarah said...

Love my JBrands. I recently bought some Paiges and I regret it. They stretch out too easily and do something weird around the knee area.

Amy said...

I am tall like you, 5'10" and the 30-31 inch inseam makes me nervous. I feel more comfortable buying at least 33 inches, especially if they shrink a little....Are all of these long enough for you?

Baby Shopaholic said...

I finally invested in some "good" jeans and I thought of you! I mean I have a couple of old sevens, but all my skinnies were cheapies! I took your advice and got some J Brands! I also picked up some Joe's. Love those!

pretty little things said...

I love my 7 jeans -- they are just so soft and my favorite fit! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Andee Layne said...

I am a huge fan of 7 for all Mankind as well! The fit is always so flattering! Ill def be checking out these as I need a new pair of skinnies for Fall! Im also a bug Hudson jeans lover! Esp the wide leg pants they make are amazing! I even lived in them during my pregnancy!

Colleen Sullivan said...

Love this post!

So funny, I just posted a short post about denim too!

I'm not a jean girl, but finally found something to fit all the "junk" in my "trunk" (can't believe I just typed that!).

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

This is infinitely helpful, my dear! I keep going back and forth between Rag and Bone and J Brand, but I hadn't even tried on 7s...I need to! Sounds like everyone loves them! I just *loathe* jean shopping...it's pretty much the equivalent of slow and painful torture for me...this is definitely going to make it way better (c;

Kathryn said...

I am totally in love with JBrand 811s. My other go to jeans are Mother (quite pricey, but sooooo worth it) and AG.

Taylor said...

oh my god I just want to go jean shopping so badly now!!!! I really need to get some fall colors + a new pair of skinnys in blue - I bought 3 pairs of my favorite jeans 2 years ago and they are fading so I think I need to restock!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

GeorgeArcher (Yuvastyle) said...

You have a good choice and I appreciate from your collection of jeans. All are looking gorgeous, thanks for providing your selection of jeans.

Buy Jeans Online

Anonymous said...

Nice jeans! Thank you for sharing!

SVICA Jeans
“The Customizable Tuxedo Stripe Jean”
http://www.svicajeans.com