Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Greek Pitas

I think it is no secret I am obsessed with Greek Food.  I could eat that and Mexican food every single day and never tire of it.  I had my sister over for lunch last week and whipped up these tasty Greek Pitas.  This meal is super easy and would be perfect for a dinner party as well.  You could even add some chicken, beef,  or lamb to make the meal hearty for all your male/carnivore diners.    All you need to do is chop up all the ingredients, place on a pretty platter and then let people assemble their own pitas.


I used Naan Bread as our pita base and it worked amazing.  Just pop it in the oven for about 5 minutes til it gets heated and extra soft then layer on ingredients.   We originally made these with Tzatziki sauce as the base but then also made a batch with hummus as well and both were fabulous.  So you choose your layering sauce!  Eat as a pizza or fold and eat like a Gyro!  Bon Appetit!



GREEK PITAS
-Shredded Lettuce
-Chopped Tomato
-Diced Cucumber
-Diced Red Onion
-Crumbled Feta Cheese
-Chopped Kalamata Olives
-Tzatziki or Hummus
-Naan Bread or Pita

Heat Naan Bread in oven about 5 minutes til soft.  Spread Tzatziki sauce over and then layer with veggies and cheese and enjoy.

19 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

YUUUUUUMMM!!!

Sadie + Stella said...

Never met a pita I didn't love.

caycee said...

Hello Greek goodness!!! Speaking fo Greek shall we hit up our new spot Friday??

Julie said...

I could do the same... Mexican and Greek, you can never go wrong.

High Cotton Style said...

Love Greek food! Maybe it's because when my mom was preggo, my parents at at our local Greek restaurant so often they felt obligated to send flowers to the hospital when I was born ha! Will be trying this asap!

Val said...

You had me at GREEK....from on greek food addict to another. This is awesome.

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious! I am also a sucker for all foods Greek and Mexican!

Natalie said...

Looks SO good!

Christina said...

I'm the same way about Greek food, so I love this idea. I love making my own tzatziki...and I swear, full-fat Greek yogurt makes it soooo good.

megan said...

Oh, you know I am loving this!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Hellz yes this looks good.

Balancing Lisa said...

This looks amazing! xo

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.com/

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

love this idea so much -- my hubby loooooves greek food, so this will def be on next week's menu!! thanks for sharing!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!! I think I could live off of feta cheese. Greek and mexican are by far my faves! xoxo

Chimmy said...

Pair this delicious dish with a glass or three of Vinho Verde (Gatao is one of my very affordable house favorite, only $7.99 at Whole Foods).

Yumm!!!

Tori said...

Made a mini version of this for myself at lunch today- subbed the beans for edamame! Delish!

-Tori
torigjohnson.blogspot.com

Carter (The Mean Mom Chronicles) said...

Delish. I love naan bread, too. Do you have a gas stove? I turn one of my burners on very low heat, then lay the naan on top of it for about a minute. Flip with tongs, repeat on the other side. Gives it an awesome grilled flavor. Just keep an eye on it or it will burn.

For All Things Lovely said...

Your blog is so cute, I love the mix of fashion and babies! Newest follower! xx.
Meg

www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

Portuguese Prepster said...

Look delish, I'm a Greek food addict!