Monday, February 17, 2014

Scenes From Our Weekend: Blizzards, Birthdays + Baptism

Whew.  It has been a whirlwind week and weekend.  Last week we were in Charlotte when the big snow storm hit so me and the kids were snowed in with my rents.   Not gonna lie it was nice to have someone cook me meals and provide me with good wine all week.  It was relaxing but I am not a cold weather person, the snow was fun for a day and then I was over it.  Sterling however loved it!  It brought me so much joy to see how much fun he was having!  My dad was so great with him and helped him build a snowman and sled- all that fun snow stuff that Mama was too cold to do!
Get ready for picture overload today:)
 






My sweet dad took him sledding and I think that was his favorite part, he is still talking about it!


Luckily we were able to drive back to Charleston Friday just in time for Sterling's Birthday Party Saturday.  We went low key this year with just Sterling's closest friends and did a party at the Yacht Club.  How would we know it would be the coldest windiest day ever??  We had to move the party inside, but it worked.  The kids were warm and us adults enjoyed some adult beverages.



Because my family was going to already be in town for Sterling's party I scheduled Frances Moon's baptism for the next day.  Sadly my sister's husband got the stomach bug so they couldn't come and my brother and his wife had the baptism for their other niece the same day so they were out as well but it still was a beautiful day even though they were greatly missed.



My two boys patiently waiting before we were introduced during the service.


Frances did amazing during the service, no tears.  I was one proud Mama!


Several of you asked about my dress on Instagram is 10 Crosby Derek Lam and on major sale right now, here.  It runs on the smaller side I went up a size and got a 6 because it is a more fitted dress.  But let me tell you it is one of my all time favorite dresses! Super flattering and classic!

http://rstyle.me/n/fjcg5gf5

Afterwards we had our families and a few close friends over for brunch.  I feel so blessed to have such a great family and friends to help us celebrate this special day.


I made my first ever crock pot breakfast casserole.  It was so easy and so good, recipe to come!

  Our family of four.  Sterling is not very cooperative for pictures, EVER.  This was the best we got. 


Me and mom and Frances Moon, her mom's namesake. Frances was clearly over pictures at this point.


and this picture made me laugh, both kids are like enough pictures already- and I bet you are thinking the same thing:)  Have a great Monday wish I could get back in my routine but school is out again here!  I am off to the dreaded Chuckie Cheese to let Sterling play, wish me luck!




19 comments:

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

What a beautiful weekend (and fun snowy week!) Lots of congratulations and good wishes all around. AND, love that dress! xo

Natalie said...

Cannot get over Frances' cuteness, what a sweetheart! The snow looks so fun. Also, buying your dress, gorgeous!

Kristen [Playground Prepster] said...

What a big weekend for your family! So glad you made it back safely from Charlotte in time for the party. Love the baptism pictures (and the dress - seeing it on gives me a whole other opinion of it - stunner). Frances Moon is just beautiful!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Beautitful wekeend. Sorry we missed the party. Looked like Sterling enjoyed.

Ally Harding said...

Such a fun weekend! That's do funny you wore that 10 Crosby Derek Lam dress! No joke I almost bought it this week! Couldn't decide if I really loved it or not. Frances looks so precious in her baptism dress!

Unknown said...

what a great weekend! so glad that your plans worked out.

and loving that dress! so sad that it's sold out in size 6. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Michelle @ Ten June said...

You look amazing! Congrats on such a great, celebratory weekend! xo

Delta Daisies said...

Looks like a great weekend!

Lexi said...

These pictures are so sweet! (And that's a whole lot of snow!)
xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

E Hayes said...

Francis is so adorable, glad you were able to make it back for the birthday party and baptism. Seems like everyone is getting the stomach bug, awful!

Jill said...

what a sweet day Miss Frances had!!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

What a beautiful weekend filled to the brim with lots of special memories <3.

Leslie said...

Congratulations on Frances's baptism! What a special moment that you were able to share with some of your family. Also, Sterling is adorable with his snow pictures!

Christy said...

What a beautiful weekend with lots of memories.

Taylor said...

what a great weekend - congratulations! and a slow cooker breakfast casserole sounds amazing - I love breakfast casseroles so can't wait to see whats in this one!

www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Hillary Warlick said...

Such a fun weekend! I love how snow days force me to slow down and enjoy precious family time on a normally action-packed day. Frances' gown is completely adorable.

Unknown said...

Hello Natalie, you really had a gala time that weekend. Please share the recipe of crock pot breakfast casserole. I'm looking forward to knowing about.

Thanks!
Diaper Bags

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Gorgeous family! Sterling is one cute little handsome guy! I think you should share your post-pregnancy workout, you look like you never had Frances ;)

Anonymous said...

write more, that's all i have to say. you obviously know what you're talking about. keep it going.

www.n8fan.net