Monday, February 10, 2014

Scenes From Our Weekend

Happy Monday!  Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.   I spent our weekend finally addressing Frances Moon's announcements.  They turned out fantastic can't wait to show y'all later this week!

 A nasty cold hit Matt and I this weekend but we powered thru and feel so much better.  I swear we both recuperated quickly thanks to Gwyneth's Lemon Ginger Tea.  We drank this for two days straight.  We both actually loved it so much we decided we are going to drink it on our detox nights.  It is so easy to make all you do is fill a pot with water, add a sliced lemon, sliced fresh ginger, and bring to a boil.  Pour in mug and drizzle in honey.


My sister was in town for two short days we had a quick but fun visit.  I finally got to take her to my favorite lunch spot Xiao Bao Biscuit.  We are ladies who like to have cocktail while we lunch, so we sampled two of their specialty drinks.  Since I have been pregnant every time I have eaten there in the past I never got to try the cocktails and they were so good.   One was tequila and ginger beer and the other was vodka, pear and ginger beer.


We shared a few dishes.  The black bean encrusted chicken with the spicy papya salad is one of my favorites on the menu.  So of course we had to have it!


We attempted to get a picture of all three of the kids which was kind of hilarious.  Not the best idea to let a three year old hold both babies!

Sunday our nephew Drew was baptized. Such a special day- Frances is next weekend!  It was a miracle we all were dressed and out the door in time for early service!
And thanks to my father in law we were able to get a really good family picture that I am going to blow up for our hallway gallery wall.



My mom saved alot of our old baby clothes and I was able to dress Frances in my old dress.  How sweet is that??



The kids and I are off to Charlotte this week, we are planning Valentines, Sterling's Party and Frances Moon's Baptism.  Lots to be done with my moms help!
xoxo





23 comments:

Natalie said...

Ooh I want to try GP's tea! Sounds amazing. Your family picture is gorgeous, I love it.

Ally Harding said...

Such a cute family you have!! I still need to try Xiao Bao Biscuit. Looks delish!

KLM said...

I am going to try that tea and amazingly enough I actually have both ingredients. Yea!

KatiePerk said...

Beautiful family photo! SS has rocked some of my baby clothes too. I think it is so sweet. I am going to try that tea. I have been fighting a cold for a week.

Mallory said...

Trying this tea today! Can't wait for warmer weather and no more sickness!

Unknown said...

Woo hooo I can't wait to see you this week! And that restaurant spot looks amazing, I want that salad!! Yum!

All Dressed Up In Love said...

Love that last quote!!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Beautiful family! I love that your mom saved your baby clothes and you can dress Frances in them. That is the sweetest. Have fun in Charlotte!

Portuguese Prepster said...

busy week ahead of you! that tea looks delish

Chelsea Mac said...

I swear by lemon ginger tea when I'm coming down with something! Absolutely beautiful family! Happy Monday!

Christina said...

I bet that drink at XBB was the Mapo Mule. Omgggg so spicy and good. I had to make ginger tea last weekend for a migraine. Definitely helps! You would probably love the ginger chew candies.

Kristen [Playground Prepster] said...

That dress looks so sweet on Frances Moon! Hope you are feeling better!

Colleen Sullivan said...

The drinks look amazing!! Glad you're feeling a little better!

designchic said...

What a precious, precious family. The tea sounds wonderful!!

Delta Daisies said...

What a great weekend!

BLovedBoston said...

The picture of the four of you guys is so great!! Love that Frances is wearing your baby clothes - that is so sweet! Happy Monday!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

Thank you for the ginger tea recipe!!! I have a huge root in the freezer and I had no clue what i wanted to do with the left overs after cooking with it. NOW I have a great plan!

You all look so fabulous. What a lovely family!

Tess said...

What a beautiful family of four you have!! Have a great time with your mom - and glad you were able to kick out a cold. We do GP's detox tea too and add Cayenne pepper to it as well which is supposed to help as well.

Cassie {Home and Sass} said...

Ginger anything is so YUM!
& I'm really liking your new blog layout.

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I'll have to remember that tea for next time we get sick. Which, I'm sure, is sooner rather than later. I love XXB! Frances is such a gorgeous baby!!!

Happily Ever Parker said...

You look great and I am loving that burgundy dress!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Lemon and ginger tea is the best!! Such a cute family photo and I love that your mom kept your clothes!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Lemon and ginger tea is the best!! Such a cute family photo and I love that your mom kept your clothes!