Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Confetti Corn


This recipe is compliments of my home girl Ina. It comes from her cookbook "Back to Basics." We were grilling burgers this weekend and I was looking for a healthy side to accompany our burgers and this fit the bill. It was so easy to make and only involves a few ingredients. The best part is all the ingredients are fresh veggies and herbs, so you can feel good about chowing down on this! I ate this again the next day and it was just as tasty served cold. This is the perfect summer side for any cookout. Even the hubs who snubs his nose at all veggies loved this and ate it two nights in a row. Enjoy!







Confetti Corn
Ingredients
2 tablespoons good olive oil
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 small orange bell pepper, 1/2-inch diced
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Kernels cut from 5 ears yellow or white corn (4 cups)
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil, minced fresh chives, and/or minced fresh parsley leaves

Directions
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft. Stir in the bell pepper and saute for 2 more minutes.

Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Over medium heat, add the corn, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn just loses its starchiness. Season to taste, gently stir in the basil or other green herbs, and serve hot.

Print Recipe HERE

** Be sure to check out my friend Caycee's Blog today.

She has lost a bunch of weight (I'm so proud of her) and is selling some of her super cute clothes on her blog. Here is the LINK, so shop away! **

20 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Yum this sounds so good! Saving the recipe now. I love Ina!

Jill said...

Ina can do no wrong!!

Bud and Leo said...

This looks so good and my hubs will love it! thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

My friend made this for us and I've been addicted ever since! Yum!

(New to your blog, by way of where I'm not sure!)

Hope you're having a great week!

Shannon

Webbisodes
http://ourgatorzone.blogspot.com

Bri said...

this looks amazing

Julie said...

Oh perfect simple summer side dish. Definitely putting this in my recipe files!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I think I need to you come live with me...y'know for emotional support when i try to cook and it doesn't turn out as fabulous as yours always do! I'm lovin' the recipes...I need all the help I can get!

Michaela said...

Yummy! Can you come cook for me?? hehe
My roommies and I are always trying to think of new easy recipes so this will be a fun one to try!

Taylor said...

I love Ina! This looks delicious! I need to get her "how easy is that" cookbook and try some more of her recipes.

Balancing Lisa said...

I must try this one! And I'll click on through to shop! I have items on my page too! Such a great way to make some cash! ;)

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Mmm that loos so good!!

natasha {schue love} said...

Oh you know I adore Ina! She's my fave! This recipe looks delicious! Best part is, there is NO CHEESE! :) Thanks for sharing!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Yuumy! Looks delish!!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

mmm, this recipe sounds so great! It's always nice to have a light side dish with a rich, juicy burger!

By the way, I believe that I saw your pretty self today. I was driving along King & could've sworn I saw you walking with a friend & your baby boy! It was a pretty day to walk around downtown!

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Tess said...

This is one of my most favorite recipes. I make it as a side dish at least once a week. It's the such a fresh mixture of veggies, and tastes delish!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

I love me some Ina, BUT did you read that she recently turned down a Make a Wish kid's wish to meet her...twice? He is six years old and dying of cancer. Now I just think she's an old biotch!! Let me know if you didn't see it. It was on Yahoo news last week.

Your Southern Peach said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on the blog today and I'm following you right back. Love meeting fellow Southern bloggers, especially fellow moms. Your son is a little cutie too. Love his name!

This look so yummy!!! The burger looks pretty good too (especially in the middle of Lent :)

Christina said...

oooh, the confetti corn is so pretty!

Lisa "Mrs Kool" Koedyker said...

I am SOOOOO trying this yummy looking recipe! :o) Thanks for posting.

Val said...

Looks incredible. Ina is my hero. =0)