Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dining Room Chairs Makeover

I will be the first to admit, I can be quite the procrastinator sometimes. I have had the fabric for my dining room chairs sitting around for probably 2 months now. This past weekend I finally recovered them. And by I, I mean my dad. Yes, I like him to do all my handy work and he is an expert at recovering chairs. He gets the fabric perfectly tight and lined up everytime. Nothing was wrong with the fabric before, I actually like it, I just was ready for a change to brighten up our dining room.

BEFORE







THE FABRIC




AFTER





Here are a few other pics from the dining room.

My Beloved Wine Rack. My goal is for this baby to always be fully stocked. Above it you may notice the painting I did a few months back.






Last is Matt's favorite area and one of the reasons he was so set on buying this house, the Elusive Wet Bar. I am not allowed in this area. He says it is his personal space and I can't decorate it. Please notice his marathon medal hanging from the ice fridge and the giant cannon ball on the counter, drives me nuts but I leave it alone! The man needs his space!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

thsoe chair chairs look great!xo happy thursday!

Jill said...

I love looking at pic's of everyones house, yours is beautiful!! I love the new fabric for your chairs. I have had about 4 yards of fabric in my closet that I have been wanting to recover my dining room chairs with, send your dad to my house!!

KatiePerk said...

Dig that fabric. You did a great job!
I cracked up over the "elusive wet bar man zone"!!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

The chairs look fabulous! Love that fabric.

Julia Ryan said...

nice job girl! You know I LOVE that links fabric!!!

jen leitzell said...

Love the new fabric on the chairs! Looks great!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

You did an awesome job! I'm loving the fabric you chose for the chairs. It's amazing how changing the fabric can make such an impact on the overall look of the room!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love that fabric!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Great job on the chairs! Love the fabric!

natasha {schue love} said...

Oooo that fabric is great! Definitely adds a lot of great style to the set. Great job! :)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

They turned out fantastic! It adds just the right amount of pattern to the space (c: And while I understand that the menfolk need their own space in the house, why can't they at least take some cues from their stylish women and at least *TRY* a little??? (c: Don't worry, I have the same issue with the hubbs and his "areas"...*SO* off limits...(c;

Bud and Leo said...

Great pieces! Love the fabric you picked!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Looks awesome sweet thing!! Love that you're dad is such a talent at that.

Alicia xoxxo said...

Looks awesome!! I just got done recovering my chairs in my dining room too! So awesome that your dad can do that for you? Can I borrow him for a couple hours? :)

Jenny Castle Design said...

love the new chair fabric!!

Balancing Lisa said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE how the chairs turned out!!! So amazing! and if i had that much wine in my house I would be a happy girl!! ;)

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love the fabric-- such a good pop in the room! And if you're interested in keeping the wine stocked, check out Cooper Vineyards (Va)..my friend's dad owns it and we did a wine tasting a few weekends ago and I loved a lot of their wines!

Katie said...

Love that fabric!

katie stevenson said...

LOOOOOOVVVVE those new chairs!!!! Great job!!! xx