Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter, Say What?

I can't believe it is Easter this weekend! My parents are only in town til Saturday so on Easter Sunday it will just be me, Matt and Sterling. I am still planning on doing it up right for my two boys! They deserve a fabulous Easter!

I am loving this tablescape.



It is so simple and fresh. Tulips are one of my favorite flowers, so I may just have to make this happen! via

I am planning on making these Strawberry Cupcakes that Csssie blogged about Here



and possibly making this Asparagus-Gruyere Tart that Natasha blogged about Here, if I can convince my boys to eat a green veggie!



and of course, enjoying my drink of choice for any holiday, Mimosas!



It is hard to believe that this will be Sterling's second Easter! I already have his Easter basket filled to the brim with all kinds of goodies.
and while I know I am technically too old for the Easter Bunny, I am still hoping he brings me a few goodies. and if he needs a hint here are a few ideas.





Susana Monaco Dress via



Tibi Dress via



Alexis Bittar Flora Gem Ring via



I would also be pretty darn happy with a few of these. I seriously think the eggs taste better than regular Reese's!



I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing Easter with your family and friends! xoxo!

19 comments:

Pinot after Playdates said...

you are so right, i don't know what they do to the egg, but it's so much better than a regular reese cup...make sure to stick a peep on your Mimosa glass, extra festive :)

Lauren Caldwell said...

those cupcakes look divine! I need one for breakfast! And the eggs? DEFINITELY better than the cups! :)
xo! Lauren @ tickled.

Jill said...

Have a fantastic weekend Natalie!!

and no, you are never too old for goodies in your easter basket:)

I am so excited for your olive bacon cheese bread on Sun!!

Unknown said...

have a great weekend and those cupcakes look amazing!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Sounds like you will make it a wonderful Easter for your boys! I hope the bunny brings you something good! I am dying over the Alexis Bittar cocktail ring! Stunning!! I totally agree with you, the peanut butter eggs taste much better than the regular kind!! My family is in town as well. I think I am going to make one of your appetizers tomorrow evening! They all look good so I am having a hard time deciding which one!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family!! Happy Easter!

Julia Ryan said...

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Christina said...

that tart looks awesome! please make it! i am definitely going to make my family drink lots of mimosas on sunday...so that i'm not THAT token drunk girl on easter. hahaha. :) have a GREAT ONE!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Happy Easter, love! I think I might need to make me some of those strawberry cupcakes- look amazing! Also, I know I'm so behind, so I didn't want to comment on a post that was like, 85 days old, but helloooo I love Rue de Jean! Wish I still lived in Chucktizzle so we could go together!! xo

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Go big or go home, right?! Love it, have a lovley time with your fam.

natasha {schue love} said...

I LOVE those tulips...those are gorgeous! And yay for featuring the asparagus tart! Let me know how it turns out! :) Have a great Easter! You know I'll be clinking my mimosa to you that day! :)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

When I was pregnant with Keira all I wanted to eat was strawberry cupcakes. OMgoodness does that recipe look amazing! and I LOVE asparagus. That looks so good too. Yummy yummy!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Sounds absolutely perfect, my dear, hope it is! I'm thinking I'm going to just come to your house, okay? (c: My family can just fend for themselves...right? (c: Have a happy EASTER!

Laura said...

OMG love the reese's eggs! I ate them by the bag full last year when I was pregnant. So, I'm definitely curious what treats you got for Sterling's basket... I have seriously no idea what to put in eggs that are appropriate for a 1 year old. Help!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I so agree with you on the reese's eggs. so much better than the normal ones! have a great weekend xo

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Hehehe, I don't think there's such a thing as too old for the Easter Bunny (or Santa for that matter), a good mommy deserves some presents every now and then!

Jess said...

Reese's eggs taste so much better than a Reese Cup. Enjoy the day, and of course you deserve an Easter basket.

Taylor said...

That asparagus and gruyere tart looks too good for words!! And I have been eyeing that green susanna monacco dress since I saw it while looking for green St. Pat's outfit ideas... I wish the Easter Bunny would gift clothes too!

Have a great Easter Weekend!!

Julie said...

Pink tulips are one of my fave flowers... and mimosas with brunch.. perfection. I'll be hosting a big Polish style brunch that actually will include both of these and I posted about it today!

Bud and Leo said...

I want everything on here! Happy Easter!