Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Warm Artichoke-Olive Dip



This recipe is a twist on the standard Spinach Artichoke Dip. I found the recipe my big folder of torn out recipes, that I have yet to make. It came from an old Bon Appetit magazine but I have no idea what month since I ripped the page out. It was so easy to make and very tasty. I served mine with pita chips instead of bread and it worked perfect. If you have an artichoke fetish like me you will love this dip!




WARM ARTICHOKE-OLIVE DIP

1 8 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (I used canned)
3/4 packed fresh basil leaves, plus additional for garnish
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup green-olive tapenade
1 5.2 ounce garlic and herb cheese (such as Boursin)
Assorted sliced crusty breads

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coarsely chop artichokes and basil in food processor. transfer mixture to a 4 cup baking dish; mix in Parmesan, tapenade, and herb cheese. Bake until hot, about 30 minutes. Garnish with Basil. Serve with breads.

12 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Yum! sounds delicious, saving this one!

Unknown said...

Tres delish! I will add it to my must-try list.

Bri said...

I have a party coming up at my house, and honest to goodness I haven't even cracked a cookbook, I've just gone back in your archives and stolen all your recipes! So excited to make some of these yummies :)

Bud and Leo said...

Love it- looks sooooo delish!! I want some right now :)

H.G. The Countess said...

I'm always looking for dips without mayo-- thanks for the tip!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Mmmm sounds delish!

megan said...

you love you some olives. :)

natasha {schue love} said...

Yummm love this take on artichoke dip...looks so so delicious! :)

Portuguese Prepster said...

ahh I'm sitting in class, and I just got so hungry!

Michaela said...

I'm sending my mom the link to this one! So yummy lookin. She'll love it!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

This looks like it will be love at first bite...I'm already in love with spinach artichoke dip, I'm pretty sure we are on the right track for a long and happy relationship with this one (c:

Megan said...

looks yummy!! i'm always looking for new ideas for apps