Monday, April 18, 2011

Review Time

I ended up ordering the black version of this dress, that I blogged about last weekend since they sold out of my size in the floral one.


I figured for $30 plus free shipping it was worth a shot. Well, I should have to stuck to my original opinions about Old Navy. The dress was a poor fit. I have a curvy figure and the drawstring waist did nothing but make me look wide. It bunched up in all the wrong places and just looked unflattering on me. This might be cute on someone with no hips that is super skinny. The material also felt cheap to me, but I expected that from Old Navy. I promptly returned this, but I am at least glad I tried it on and gave it shot. I still think the floral one looks super cute on all the celebs.




I also tried on these two one pieces at Old Navy (sorry no pics of that, I am not brave enough to post my bathing suit bod online). They were super cute. I didn't buy either because I already own so many bathing suits, but if you need a one piece for the summer these were flattering and only $29.50. The black was my favorite, it looked like an expensive suit. It was low cut but classy at the same time, plus the ruching at the stomach would cover any bulges!




You all know I love the Tracy Anderson Mat DVD so I decided to step it up and try out her Metamorphosis DVD's series.



Don't judge but the infomercial did inspire me to order these DVDS. The results looked amazing and we all know how fab Gwynnie looks from her TA workouts. What this consists of is a set of 4 DVDS, one cardio and three body sculpts. 6 days a week you are to do the 30 minute Cardio DVD followed by a 30 minute Body Sculpt DVD. The Body Sculpt DVDS change every 10 days so your body never gets used to the same workout. This is a 90 day program so you get 9 different Body Sculpt workouts.

I am on day number 3 of this and it is the hardest workout I have ever done. 5 minutes into the cardio I wanted to call my mom and cry but I powered through. It is alot of jumping and leg lifts, you never stop for 30 whole minutes . After it was done I wanted to crawl into fetal position but I popped in the Body Sculpt DVD thinking this must be easier. I was wrong! The arms and abs part is pretty easy but the leg portion is killer. My butt and thighs burned like never before! I honestly think it would be easier to run 6 miles.

That being said I can tell this is going to produce some results, I am sore in places all over. I am not necessarily looking to lose weight, although 5 lbs would be nice. I am really looking to tone up for summer. I figure I better bust out a bikini this year before I have my next baby and its even harder to lose the weight! I highly recommend this DVD series if you are dedicated, don't mind sweating and feeling like you want to die afterwards. But seriously this is a good workout! I heart Tracey and want my body to look like hers or Gwyneth's so I will be sticking with this workout.

Lastly, I want to give a shout out to my girlfriend Jill.



She just returned from Florence and brought me back this gorgeous leather clutch for my birthday! I am smitten with it!



We went to church yesterday and then to brunch that lingered on until 3! Sometimes spending time with a girlfriend is just what the doctor ordered after a long week! We had alot of girl talk and enjoyed some seriously delicious champagne. I highly recommend this Rose Brut Bouvet Champagne.




and if you live in Charleston you can't beat the service and food at Rue de Jean!




Happy Monday! Hope you all are having a great start to your week!

22 comments:

Bud and Leo said...

Sad that the dress didn't work out - that was a steal - but at least you tried! Those suits are adorable and I could use a cheap one-piece for excursions/kayaking/etc. I'm going to start the TA DVDs too... soooo excited about it!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Boo! On the dress at Old Navy! I always have a hard time finding things there. I will have to keep those DVDs in mind after baby arrives. I know I will need something to help me get back into shape. Thanks for the heads up on hard it is! I love the clutch your friend brought you from Italy! Beautiful! Sounds like you had a great time at brunch!

Unknown said...

Old Navy is always very hit or miss for me. Hate that.
I have heard such great things about that work out..not sure if I am brave enough yet. I am so out of shape..blah.
That clutch is gorgeous!!!!

Balancing Lisa said...

Yeah, old navy is good for some things, but not for most! ;)
But I did think you looked great in that dress so what do i know?!
What a fun workout....let me know how you feel about it in a month!!! and Love the new clutch and hope you had a fun sunday with your friend!! xo

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

ohyouprettythings said...

You are gorgeous!! :] I love your blog!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love those Old Navy bathing suits. And how fun are brunches that go until 3..I love time catching up with friends like that!

natasha {schue love} said...

That is really too bad to hear about the Old Navy dress, though it looks pretty cute on you in the pictures! The clutch your friend brought back is great great too! :)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

CUTE post - love that you kept it real. And Rue is one of my fav places. Let's do a girl night there stat? Email me!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I'm tempted by the Traci workout cd's. Keep us posted on how you like them ok?!

Wish I could meet you at Rue. Looks amazing! :-)

Laura said...

I actually thought the dress looked cute on you!

Portuguese Prepster said...

sounds like a fabulous weekend! I can always talk to friends for hours like that too!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Bummer. I have to admit, I don't think I have every gotten anything from Old Navy that I was impressed with. Dang it! Because they are cheap and their stuff looks cute (on other people)... and you can tell Jill that my birthday is end of May...that clutch is AMAZING! We need to see it in an outfit (c;

Taylor said...

I have been wanting to try the Tracy Anderson DVD's and have been a little anxious because I know her workouts are SO HARD. Good for you for pushing through it! Maybe I'll gain the courage to try them out!

Emma (Glitter and Gold) said...

the black dress doesn't look that bad in the pics?? but it is all in how you feel wearing it! Old Navy is hard to get the fit right! LOVE the italian clutch!!!
xoxox
E

Jill said...

yes, you learned your lesson!! a few years back I told Dan my new year's resolution was to never go to old navy again....exactly for the reason you did not like your dress. Their clothes tend to be ill fitting and the fabric just is cheap. I was hoping maybe they kicked it up a notch but I guess not.

Sounds like my kind of Sunday:)

katie stevenson said...

I thought the dress looked cute on you, but with your flare for finding things that fit just perfectly it must have been below par. Sounds like you had a fabulous Sunday! xx

caycee said...

I did too kinda like that dress on you sister! But on the other hand I hate me some Old Navy always looks like poop on me!Love that clutch, and girl your body is already rocking but hells yeah to those videos!!

Michaela said...

Such a bummer it didn't fit! I don't trust old navy haha (:
Cute swimsuits! And that clutch is ADORABLE. Love the color!

Baby Shopaholic said...

I still think you look great in that dress.

Giordana said...

I'm on an Ashtanga Yoga kick right now (also GP approved!) Watch Ashtanga NY on Netflix, GP is featured and it's a great workout. Once I burn out on the yoga, maybe I'll do the TA workouts, they sound great!

Unknown said...

SO bummed about the fit. Thank you for showing us!! Sometimes it's best to wait for a Loft sale and get the same look for better quality.

Kandice Breinholt said...

i'm a new follower of yours so i don't exactly know my way around but i'm assuming that's you in the purple? you're gorgeous!!