Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chicken Casserole Stuffed Biscuits



If you are looking for a super easy, quick, and tasty weeknight dinner this is it! This dish is beyond amazing. My good friend Erin passed this recipe along to me and it was a huge hit in the Mason Household. Matt may or may not have eaten 5 biscuits in one sitting. Sterling also loved it. I mean how could stuffed biscuits not be good? This is one of the easiest dinners I have made and it reheats well the next day too. I recommend using the layers biscuits because they are thinner so your biscuit doesn't end up being too thick. You could really use any cheese you have on hand and add any veggie other than broccoli. I thought it would be great with spinach or mushrooms next time. So get creative! I highly recommend you make this delish dinner.

**Once again sorry my pictures are flipped. I really need a 101 class on blogger and camera use!**




Chicken Casserole Stuffed Biscuits
-1 can buttermilk layers biscuits
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 Box frozen chopped broccoli (thawed and squeezed dry)
-1/2 white onion diced
-1-2 cooked chicken breasts shredded (I used a pre-roasted chicken)
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus more to sprinkle on top

Flatten the biscuits in your hand to make them thinner and able to stretch up the sides of a muffin tray. Place the flattened biscuits in a greased muffin tray. One biscuit per muffin opening. The biscuits should reach up to the top of the tray. Mix together the rest of the ingredients. Scoop the casserole mixture in the biscuits. Sprinkle each biscuit with cheddar cheese. Bake according to directions on the biscuit can or a little longer til mixture bubbles.

19 comments:

Melissa W. said...

You are the best! I will make these tonight!!

caycee said...

Now this sounds like my kind of meal!

Heather (GurleeGirrl) said...

Yum!! Gonna try these soon.

17 Perth said...

Thank you. I have been in a cooking rut and wanting some new, quick, easy and fun recipes. YAY. We will be eating these for dinner on thursday night!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Yummmm! You have the best recipes

Bud and Leo said...

yum yum yum you are my savior :) xo Lisa

Sara said...

This should be renamed "how to divorce-proof your marriage!" My husband would LOVE this!

Jill said...

this sounds perfect!! I know what I am making tomorrow night!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Just sent my husband to the store to get the ingredients so we can have these tonight. I swear you have the best recipes.

natasha {schue love} said...

OH I love easy ideas during the work week...definitely want to try these soon. My husband thanks you in advance!

Laura said...

mmm that sounds so yummy! love dinners like that where you can dump everything together and have something yummy!

Laura said...

mmm that sounds so yummy! love dinners like that where you can throw everything together and have something amazing!

Balancing Lisa said...

Okay, this looks amazing!!! I am trying this asap!

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Shut up...this is so easy and sounds DELISH...I'm so making this tonight!!!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Are you kidding me?? WE'll be making this next week for sure.

Taylor said...

my kind of dinner - the biscuits and chicken casserole combo makes me miss home!!

erica said...

wow! This is such a wonderful idea. I think I definitely need to try this out! Thanks for sharing.

xo

Jenny Castle Design said...

These look so divine and totally comforting - yum!

Laura said...

I've had these biscuit casseroles before with bacon, egg, and cheese AND chili with cheesy hashbrowns. Best all in one meals ever! This one looks awesome