Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip


Are you surprised I am back with yet another dip recipe this week? I swear I need to go to dip eaters anonymous. I love some dip! As I mentioned yesterday this dip is amazing. The perfect start to a Mexican meal or really any meal. The combo of cheeses and jalapenos is truly delicious. We served our dip with the Hint of Jalapeno Tostidos and it was the perfect combo. I highly recommend you make this, enough said!


Jalapeno Popper Dip

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano
1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapenos (pickled)
2 jalapeno peppers (chopped, optional)
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano

Directions:
1. Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmigiano reggiano and jalapenos in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.
2. Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmigiano reggiano and sprinkle over the dip.
3. Bake in a 375F oven until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 10-20 minutes.

**I recommend adding the fresh jalapenos to give the dip a touch of heat since pickled jalapenos are pretty mild. I used 1.5 jalapenos in ours but next time I will use 2 for more flavor and heat.**

Print Recipe HERE
Top picture is via Closet Cooking

14 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Mmm delish.

Jill said...

another hour at the gym, but that dip sure looks worth it!!

Melissa W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
caycee said...

This looks amazaballs!!! Do you think I could use greek yogurt or sour cream instead of mayo??

My Life as A Plate said...

I love all of your recipes, and esp. love dips! So keep on sharing. Delicious :)

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

YUM! I love this dip. I think you've tempted my taste buds into craving it this weekend :)

Carly Messmer said...

Girl, you are the QUEEN of dips! I love it! This looks incredible. Great tailgating snack!

natasha {schue love} said...

MM MM MM! That dip sounds perfect for football season...nice and warm and delicious!!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Yummers!

erica said...

How delish does this recipe sound. I definitely need to give it a try!

xo

Hannah said...

Yummy! Would you be interested in doing a guest post next Thursday, the 20th? I've been posting Football Game Appetizers and would love it if you would share one of yours. Just let me know.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I think I might have a small obsession with dips...I just kinda love chips in general and then I can rationalize them into a meal if it includes dip, right? That sounds so terrible now that I said it out loud...oh well, don't care! (c:

Val said...

I want to jump through the screen and grab a chip and eat away!! =)

Natalie said...

I don't often comment, but girl, this sounds amazing! Love me some spicy anything!