Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Vegetable and Hummus Tart


This has been my lunch as of lately. Except for I cheat and use Naan Bread as the crust instead of making homemade. I usually just use whatever veggies I have at home. My standard tart usually consists of onion, spinach, tomatoes, red bell pepper, kalamata olives and feta cheese. The orginal recipe doesn't call for cheese but I think cheese makes everything taste better! I really think any combo of veggies would work wonderfully for this. This is such a tasty and easy lunch. I have also been on a kick of making my own hummus. I use Ina's recipe and it is fabulous! The combo of the hummus and veggies is ridiculously good! Best part my little man gobbles this stuff up, he loves hummus on anything, so this ensures he gets his veggies for the day!

VEGETABLE AND HUMMUS TART
Adapted From E Curry Blog
INGREDIENTS
Naan Bread or make your own (Recipe HERE)
Hummus- Recipe below
Spinach
Tomatoes
Red Pepper
Red Onion
Kalamata Olives
Feta Cheese
Parmesan Cheese




DIRECTIONS
Saute or roast all veggies until tender. I usually saute mine in olive oil because it is quicker than roasting. Note- I usually don't cook my tomatoes I just slice them and lay over the top of the cooked veggies. Spread Hummus on Naan Bread. Layer on Veggies, Olives and top with Parmesan and Feta Cheese. Bake at 350 degrees about 15 mins or until cheese is melted.

You can view the original recipe HERE.


Hummus
Ingredients
4 garlic cloves
2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
2 tablespoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
8 dashes hot sauce
Directions
Turn on the food processor fitted with the steel blade and drop the garlic down the feed tube; process until it's minced. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Taste, for seasoning, and serve chilled or at room temperature.
**My hummus was extra thick so I added in olive oil and extra water to loosen it up to the consistency I prefer.**



**Photos courtesy of E Curry Blog**

12 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

That looks delicious! You're such a good cook/eater to just whip this up for lunch. Lucky Sterling!

Jill said...

Umm, as usual looks amazing. I am making your pesto tomatoes tonight!!

caycee said...

Well now this looks amazing! You always amaze me with all your cooking even lunch gah girl! Cant wait to see you today!

17 Perth said...

I could definitely eat this everyday for lunch. It looks delicious!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

This sounds absolutely delicious definitely a meal I could eat everyday!

Dina said...

YUM! Thank you, I need a new lunch recipe...I used your chopped greek salad one all summer and now PB &J aren't cutting it. Can't wait to try!

Unknown said...

I need to come to your house for lunch!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Looks delicious!! I have some other recipes for tarts that I've been collecting as I thought of serving a variety of them next time I host a girl's night. This looks like a winner!!

natasha {schue love} said...

OHhhh yummmmm!!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

It's almost like a healthy pizza. I love it!

Taylor said...

This looks so delicious! I love all the recipes you post!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

So I finally hosted that girl's night, and I served a few different tarts including a vegetable and hummus one. I posted my pics of the food I served and I referenced this post with a link so my friends can get your recipe. I made mine a little different but it still was great! Thanks again for sharing this with us!