Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Obsessions

Hard to believe it is October already!! Where has this year gone? I mean seriously it is going to be Christmas before we know it!

SEVEN "THE SKINNY" JEANS
A few of you emailed me asking what jeans I was wearing in my post yesterday. They are the Seven for All ManKind "The Skinny" Jeans. I am beyond obsessed with them. I have two of the exact same pair so when one is dirty I have a back up. They suck you in all the right places and sit higher up on your hips so you have no muffin top. These are the best jeans I have ever bought!




CHEVRON WING BACK CHAIRS
I have two old wing back chairs that my parents gave us in our den sitting waiting to be recovered. I have been looking for fabric inspiration and this just might be it. I love the modern pattern on an older style chair. Gorgeous!

ASOS.COM
Ok I must be living under a rock because I just found this website. Their prices are amazing and the clothes are so cute! Has anyone ordered from here before? These are a few things I am eyeing and honestly I could buy them all for the price of one Tucker Dress! The dresses retail for between $50 and $60. They even have petite and maternity sizes.







Navajo Knit Dress, Shift Dress with Blouson Sleeves,Mini Shirt Dress,Shift Dress with Pleated Neck

ROASTED TOMATOES WITH PESTO
I am addicted to these. I have had an abundance of basil from my garden so I have been making tons of fresh pesto. I have eaten these everyday for a week. They are so easy to make and melt in your mouth good. I use Ina's Recipe HERE.




ELK COVE PINOT NOIR
We did a red wine tasting at our house Saturday and this was the favorite red wine. It is perfect for these cooler temperatures. It had great flavor and a smooth finish. One of the better Pinot Noirs I have had lately. I think it retails for about $16.

13 comments:

17 Perth said...

I love those chairs. I think a chevron or ikat print always looks beautiful on traditional style chair. And girl--I love ASOS. Should I say I am obsessed? Haha--okay maybe I am, but that website is awesome.

Kyle said...

My mom makes the BEST roasted tomatoes. Love them! Will have to try Ina's recipe. Definitely agree that the modern print makes those wing backs really sparkle. Check out Quadrille for more inspiration! Asos is great and I plan on scooping up a few of their maternity pieces for the holidays.

ashleybrooks said...

I found your blog a few days ago, and I love it!! You have great style and wonderful recipes! Thank you for the fun work distraction :)

I just wanted to add my own experience from ASOS since you posted a couple of fun dresses. I have ordered several items from them, and most of them are cute (and nicely made) items, but the quality will sometimes match the price with this company. They have great little pieces, but just make sure to really zoom in on the fabric on the website if you can. I've been a bit disappointed with two dresses because the fabric looked much cheaper in person.

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Aw yes I pop into ASOS at least once a week to make sure I'm not missing anything :)

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Asos is great isnt it?? Love! And definitely going to try those jeans! Thanks for the rec.

megan said...

Saving that tomato recipe, sounds delish! Love those wingback chairs!

Unknown said...

Oh those chevron chairs....droooollll. I have heard of ASOS before but have not checked out their site. I think I will just jump on over and find myself some new fall wear.

natasha {schue love} said...

OO I want to wear a pair of these jeans! And I LOVE the chevron wingback chairs! :)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love those dresses!!! Those jeans look amazing. I love my Joe's jeans skinnies for the same reasons. :-)

Baby Shopaholic said...

I need at least one pair of good skinny jeans, I guess I will work on that this weekend. I wish you could mail me food!

Balancing Lisa said...

okay so I want those skinny jeans, all of those dresses, and the chair!!! lol You make me what to shop!

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Val said...

Those chairs are fabulous!! I could live off of roasted tomatoes!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Your obsessions are now my obsessions...are you kidding me with those chairs??? SO FABULOUS! I say go for it, girl!!!