Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekend Happenings

I hope everyone had a fabulous pre-halloween weekend! Ours was busy but great! Here is what went down this weekend.

We enjoyed two park outings. One at the park near our house and the other down at The Battery. We finally had some cooler weather here and I loved it!





I ate the most delicious cheeseburger appropriately called The Sh*$. It had chorizo, jalapenos and a fried egg. Perfection. This amazeballs burger can be found at the Triangle Char and Bar in West Ashley. They use all local grass fed beef which is always a plus in my book!



I did a little abstract painting. She is not done yet but so far I am pretty happy with what's going on.

Sterling also worked on a little painting of his own. I think I might have a little Picasso on my hands.



I planted some new fall pansies on our front porch. My mom assures me they are easy to take care of and will last through the winter. I don't have the greenest thumb so I like easy plants!

I watched Bad Teacher Saturday night and was pleasantly surprised. I thought the movie looked stupid but it was actually pretty funny. I must say I do love Justin Timberlake and another pleasant surprise was Cam from Modern Family was also in the movie.


Here is one OOTD from this weekend. I wore my DVF dress to church. She's on sale right now:)


We took Sterling to a fabulous Halloween Costume Party at Chassity's House. She really went all out with the decorations and food! I so wish I had snapped some pictures of all the creative food she made, but I bet she will post some pictures on her Blog!

Sterling went as DJ Lance a character from his favorite TV show Yo Gabba Gabba.

In case you aren't familiar with DJ Lance, here he is, please note Sterling refused to wear the hat or glasses. Otherwise the outfit was pretty close!

Sterling and Lily chilling at the Halloween Party. Although it looks more like he was harassing her!


Happy Halloween. I hope you all enjoy lots of Snickers, Reeses, Kit-Kats, and Twix today! xoxo

21 comments:

Sarah Hawkins said...

Sterling looks so cute in his Halloween costume!

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend!

Your abstract paintings rock! I am loving the first one!

So I have never seen this Yo Gabba Gabba show but apparently C is missing out. He looks pretty cute in that costume :)

caycee said...

Love that painting, may have to hire you ;) We watched bad teacher last night too, I thought it was just OK. Also loved seeing you and my other child last night ha! Lets do lunch this week, and i am going to host playgroup email coming soon!

Sara said...

I love your abstract! My daughter did a very similar one that has been in our family room for years.

Baby Shopaholic said...

That burger looks amazing! I love dj lance! aka sterling! I just took Peyton to Yo Gabba Gabba yesterday! Got the recap on the blog. Love that DVF dress!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Oh yeah, I would love to buy one of sterling's paintings!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

We haven't been to the battery park in so long, need to do that. And great paintings :) Love the pics from the party - it does look like Sterling is harrassing Lilly, ha! So glad ya'll had fun.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love that dress and of course I know who DJ Lance is! Awesome costume!

natasha {schue love} said...

Looks like a fun and festive weekend! :)

megan said...

I love your painting! Sterling's isn't too shabby either! :) Saw Chassity's Halloween party post on her blog and it looked like so much fun!

blue chickadee said...

Looks like y'all had a great weekend! I watched Bad Teacher on Friday night and thought it was actually hilarious! I had very low expectations but had a few laugh out loud moments!! Sterling is too cute!!! Where did you find his adorable boots?

Natalie said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I love your DVF dress, and Sterling is just precious!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Oh I plan on a LOT of chocolate today...the kiddos look so cute together! I love Sterling in his DJ lance costume, so cute!!! Have a happy halloween!

Fashion Mom said...

what a lovely and fun pictures, and your striped dress is awesome! Happy Halloween x

The Southland Life said...

How fun! Love the DVF dress - so amaze! T is in Charleston this weekend for work, so if you see some lost soul wondering around downtown, it may be my husband! Ha. He said they ate at Husk tonight, and it was awesome! Maybe next time he goes, he will take his wife and we can have a blate! Happy Halloweeen! xx.

17 Perth said...

So cute! I love his costume--he looks adorable. Looks like yall had a great weekend. So excited and happy to get some chilly weather here too!

Val said...

What a fun filled weekend.....Today I'm going to be making a candy bar topped banana bread...bring on the reeses cups. =)) Sterling is so cute!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

I love our little DJ Lances!! Sterling is getting cuter and cuter! And his painting is really good!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Brandon got the same burger at the Triangle on Saturday! It looked so good. Ok, it WAS good -had to steal a bite or two. Hate I missed seeing you! Love your painting! Great idea. Xo.

Portuguese Prepster said...

Sterling is adorable and that burger-YUM

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I LOVE hamburgers with fried eggs! (I eat turkey burgers tho)

I didn't know you and Chass were 'real life' friends...so jealous!

and I'm wearing a tie-front top today, makes me think of you! ;)