Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Obsessions

Happy Tuesday Friends. I got back from Charlotte yesterday and let me tell you my house looked like a fraternity house. Dishes and beer cans everywhere, unmade beds, and dirty floors. Why can't men keep a clean house? Between my two men our house is always a wreck! I finally finished cleaning and unpacking late last night! Here is this week's lust list!


NAILHEAD CHEST
I spotted these beautiful babies at the HomeGoods Store in Charlotte on Fairview. How amazing are they?? They had gray and white and I love them both equally. I really wanted to buy one to save for my next nursery. Wouldn't it make a fabulous changing table? But alas I didn't have an extra $600 to drop. Somebody please go buy these and then let me know how you use them!




WARING ELECTRIC WINE OPENER
This thing is amazing. I guess I am old school because I still use a Rabbit (and no not the kind Charlotte on Sex and the City used). My parents had this wine opener and it pops bottles in seconds! If you don't have one you need one! It would also make a great Christmas gift for a wine lover.




MILLY SUZANNE PRINTED TOP
I adore this top. It reminds me of a blouse my grandmother used to have! Vintage patterns are my favorite. Best part my mom let me borrow hers and I have been rocking it alot!




VITA COCO COCONUT WATER
I have to be honest when I first tasted Coconut Water I thought it tasted like dirty socks. But this stuff really grows on you and I swear it is a miracle hangover cure. I drank some Saturday at my sisters and it really rejuvenated me. I promptly picked up a case at Costco. Best part this stuff is filled with potassium, magnesium and other essential vitamins. It hydrates you like no other beverage.



CHARLESTON'S THE LOCAL PALATE MAGAZINE
This one is mainly for my local readers. If you haven't picked up this magazine you should. The first issue is free and it is filled with all things food related! The magazine has recipes, write-ups on local restaurants, and interviews with local chefs. A true food lovers dream. I will definitely be subscribing to this foodie gem.

19 comments:

Liz said...

Coconut water is awesome - I get mine at Costco too! I drank it a ton when I was pregnant because it actually has more potassium than a banana, and is great as a post-workout drink. I think you NEED that nailhead dresser :) Homegoods is the best, isn't it?

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I've heard such great things about Coconut water, such a miracle drink! And love your top, adorable!

17 Perth said...

I am with you on the coconut water---its growing on me too. The first time I had it--it was weird--but I am loving it now. The automatic wine opener is the best ever. I gave it for gifts A LOT last christmas and this past year....it was definitely my go to gift. We have one and I love love love it. :)

megan said...

mmmm dirty socks! coconut is on my top 5 list of things i despise so i will not be trying that anytime soon. but i am absolutely LOVING that Milly top!

Jessie said...

Coconut water is an acquired taste. I am still getting use to it. I agree, it is the best cure for a hangover and I can suck it up for that.

Balancing Lisa said...

all great obsessions, but that chest is amazing!!! Swoon...

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

You have one stylish momma! Love that blouse!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Those chest are awesome! $600 is still a little high! That top is amazing, you and your mama have so much style.

natasha {schue love} said...

Those chest of drawers are gorgeous! Also love that wine opener, but I'm like you...I still rock the rabbit! :)

Hannah said...

I don't even know if I can find Coconut water around here, but I will be sure to look next time I am in the store. I just saw a picture of a nailhead chest and here you go posting one! I think they are fantastic if you have the right place to put them. Bryan just walked by while I was reading this and laughed when he saw Sterling. I had to show him more pictures and we both agreed on how he is the cutest thing! I told him how you reminded me of myself and how I want to be in my next stage of life (with kids!) Have a great day! Ohh..and he saw the jalapeno appetizers and started drooling.

Val said...

I love coconut water and the electric wine openers is one of my all time favorite gadgets!!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I absolutely love that you can share clothes with your mama...so awesome...especially when she rocks such great duds! (c: And wtf with men and cleaning?!? They are like allergic or something, it drives me *NUTS*!!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Ok - next time I'm hungover I'm getting some coconut water!

I have the same rug that is in your mom's kitchen. :-)

I like the pattern on that Milly top too!

Jill said...

I love those dressers, I might head to our home goods tomorrow and see if we have them!!

love your Charlotte reference...hee hee

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Great list -- but i'm staring at the rug in the wine opener shot...is that your kitchen rug?!?! love it!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I haven't tried coconut water yet! Love the top!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Um I LOVE that dresser, can't imagine the pain you felt passing it by. Why doesn't out homegoods get great stuff like that?? And I can't wait for that magazine to get in my hands.

Michaela said...

That top is perfect for you. I adore it!

Bud and Leo said...

Gotta love everything Milly- that top is adorable! And the nailhead chest is insane- I want it! And I will be trying coco water asap!