Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Happenings + Winner

Did y'all miss me on Friday? Well on Thursday I had to have a colonoscopy. Don't know if y'all have had one before but its not fun. I didn't get to eat for 36 hours, yes that's right! I am still not sure how I managed that feat. I won't go into details about why I needed one but thankfully everything was fine. Friday I was wipped out and tired from the anesthesia so no post!

Plus side was I had the procedure done in Charlotte so I got to go out with my girlfriends the next night! Here is my outfit from that night.

Blouse: JCrew, Jeans: Seven "The Skinny", Boots: BCBG, Necklace: Stella and Dot
The blouse is from JCrew and I absolutely love it. It comes in green and taupe too. It is the perfect plain blouse to dress up or down. I have a hard time finding plain colored blouses that look cute and this one fits well and looks great on!


While I was in Charlotte we took Sterling for his first haircut. As much as I loved his curls it was turning into a mullet/rat tail in the back and that is just not cool. He did great, not one tear. I was a proud Momma.



The new "do"





I painted my nails Essie's Limited Addiction and love it!




I went in a Madewell store for the first time and loved it. I knew JCrew owned them but I had never stopped in the store before. It did not disappoint. and for those of you who don't have a store they offer free shipping online a definite plus in my book! I picked up this dress.
Madewell Dovetail Shirt Dress



I am kind of wishing I bought these dresses as well. Madewell had such fabulous colors and great prices!
Madewell East End Shift Dress

Madewell MelodyMaker Dress




I enjoyed some amazing red wine my parents had. I can always count on them to have the best wines. Don't be alarmed by the weird wolf on the bottle, this stuff is delicious! The wine is out of my price range at $28 a bottle on special at Harris Teeter but totally worth it for a special occasion!






And the Winner of the Novica Giftcard is: Chicago Mom Heather! I will email you the giftcard later today! Congrats! xoxo

26 comments:

Unknown said...

love love love that shirt :) super cute!

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

AH the first haircut is always so sad, luckily I do hair so I get to do them.... You look ah-mazing and I saw that Jcrew is having a sale so I may have to stop by!! I am happy that everything is ok with you colon... That can be scary stuff!!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I had to get a colonoscopy a couple years ago, its absolutely awful. I am so so sorry. Not fun. Love your outfit though! And Sterling's haircut is too cute.

caycee said...

My poor Nat,I forgot you had to have that done ;) Love that outfit, looking fabulous as usual! OMG Sterling hair cute is precious, he looks like such a big boy now!

megan said...

Sterling's haircut looks great! And I am loving your shirt from J.Crew! I can't believe the green color is on backorder until next February!

California Wife said...

I just got that same JCrew blouse in the green color, and absolutely love it! I can't wait to wear it here in a few weeks once it finally cools off! Sterling looks darling with his new hair cut.

I'm so glad your results came back fine. I'm sure it wasn't fun, but at least it's over with and you hopefully now have some answers.

Unknown said...

I bought that essie color too! Sporting it on my tootsies now :) Navy is a fabulous color on you!

Sarah said...

LOVE THAT WINE!! I actually toured that winery many many years ago and came home with a case. Not sure if it's the same, but it definitely had the scary wolf. I've been thinking about getting that top too...cute on you!

Jill said...

glad everything is OK, I was wondering where you were on Friday!!
I remember when Matthew had his first haircut, he was almost 2 and I think had a full blown mullet, Sterling looks so cute.

I was just in J cRew over the weekend, I did not see that shirt i must go back!!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Glad you got through that terrible procedure. You still looked fabulous though! I'll have to check that shirt out...it's so pretty. Sterling is soo adorable!! What a big boy not to cry. :)

Erin said...

Sorry you had to deal with something so unpleasant but happy to hear everything is O.K.!

I loove that blouse, I want one in green!

He is so stinking handsome!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Oh wow!! I never win anything!! I'm so excited! Thank you!!

Sorry you had to get a colonoscopy. Yucky. Glad everything is OK.

You look so pretty in your going out outfit!

Portuguese Prepster said...

love love the jcrew blouse! I've seen several girls wearing it to class and out a night! It's very popular. The nail color is perfect for Fall too. Sterling is always adorable!

natasha {schue love} said...

Kenwood is one of my favorite wines! :) And you looked gorgeous Friday night...love the blouse!

Julia Ryan said...

I spy some wallabees being sported with his new 'do! I'm already looking for some for Baby boy per Matthew's request. So sorry to hear about your poor colon. Hope all is well my dear and you recover before our play date in a few weeks!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

It took me forever to cut my little man's hair for the first time...and then he looked so grown-up! It was terrible. (c; And super duper glad that everything was a-okay, even though that conclusion was only reached after some less-than-fun stuff! (c: Here's to cute blouses and cute Sterling!

erica said...

I love your outfit! Such cute boots!

xo

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

i think it's great that you chose to blog about your procedure. certainly one that many people tend to put off out of fear. glad to know everything is ok! ;)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Again, so glad you're okay :) And made quite a comeback- smokin' hot the next night :) Love Sterling's new hair cut too!

Balancing Lisa said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that! NOT FUN!!
Loving your shirt and your little guy looks adorable~

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Glad to hear you're ok! I don't think I could go 36 hours with no food though! Matthew had his first "professional" hair cut just a couple of weeks ago ;) Sterling looks so cute!

Erin said...

I am thinking I may have to get one of those soon if some of my "issues" don't get any better. I am dreading it if that's what happens! Glad your feeling better!

Jenny Castle Design said...

Your little man is just precious! Love his new do!

The Daily Stroll said...

Glad to hear everything is okay! How funny! I ordered the green top from J Crew last week! So versatile. Sterling's haircut is adorable!

Bud and Leo said...

I heart everything madewell! So cute! And glad you are okay!!!

Nat said...

I just bought the Dovetail shirt dress this past weekend to wear to a baptism this upcoming weekend- I love it! It's so comfortable yet stylish! I tried on the Jcrew blouse but couldn't make up my mind now I wish I purchased it b/c its pretty much sold out online. Sterling is too cute too!