Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Grouper with Watermelon Salsa + Roasted Cabbage



Ya'll this meal was just awesome.  We had it Tuesday night for dinner and we all loved it.  Even Sterling loved the cabbage and usually he is picky about veggies.   I was inspired because in my CSA basket this week it had a head of cabbage and a watermelon and I wanted to branch out from how I normally eat the two.

 I have been hooked on going to our local fish shop to get fish and this week they said the Grouper was the freshest so I used that but any fish could work with this recipe.  We make this salsa often with pineapple but never watermelon.  The watermelon was great in the salsa and paired really well with the fish.  We served the fish with roasted cabbage and man was it good. I don't know why I have never roasted cabbage before but I am hooked now!!  It had great flavor and was a touch crispy it was excellent!  
Enjoy!


|| G R O U P E R + W A T E R M E L O N   S A L S A ||

- 1 - 1.5 pounds of Grouper or any other white fish
- olive oil
- 1/2 small watermelon diced finely (seeds removed)
- 2 jalapenos diced (seeds removed)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 avocado diced
- juice of one lime

Place the grouper on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.  Bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes depending on size of the fish.  It is ready once you can flake the fish with a fork.
Mix together watermelon, jalapeno, red onion, avocado, lime juice, and salt.  Lightly toss together and let sit while fish cooks.  Spread over fish and enjoy.


|| R O A S T E D  C A B B A G E ||
- 1 head cabbage
- olive oil
- salt and pepper

Slice cabbage into rounds.  Brush each side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast at 400 degrees 40 minutes.





8 comments:

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

You're posting grilled cabbage & I'm posting chicken and dumplings. No wonder you appear to be in much better shape than me. :)

www.xolindsay.blogspot.com

All Dressed Up In Love said...

Yum! Going to have to try that watermelon salsa but maybe on some Salmon

Unknown said...

Dying to try that grilled cabbage recipe, sounds so easy and delicious!!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I just recently started to eat watermelon in salads, and wow, what I have been missing! That watermelon salsa looks amazing!

Eloquently Emily said...

Roasted cabbage is one of my favorite veggies to make. It's so easy and yummy and I love when the edges get a little crispy. Will have to definitely try this grouper recipe!

Amy is me said...

Am I missing the option? I would love to PIN your recipes but can't seem to find the PIN button! Can't wait to try the cabbage! What a great idea!

Amy is me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Satzger said...

I can't wait to try the grilled cabbage! I grill radishes with olive oil salt and pepper as well, isn't funny how the simplest ingredients are the best. Great recipe!

Emily from F Is For Blog