Friday, September 5, 2014

Loaded Baked Potato Casserole + On My Mind


Just in time for your weekend, I have a kick ass potato casserole recipe.  Its like a stuffed loaded baked potato but in a casserole form. Its amazing quite simply put.  We served ours with Filets and it was a perfect meal.  Enjoy.

|| L O A D E D   B A K E D  P O T A T O  C A S S E R O L E ||

- 5-6 russet or baking potatoes
- 4oz cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz sour cream
- sliced green onions
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar (white and yellow)
- Crumbled Pancetta or Bacon


Peel and slice potatoes into circles.  Fill a large pot with water and place the potatoes and some salt in to boil.  Let the potatoes boil about 25 minutes until fork tender.  Drain off all water and leave potatoes in pot.  Add in cream cheese cubed, butter, and milk.  Use a hand held mixer to whip potatoes.  Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed, you also may want to add more butter or milk.   Spread the whipped potatoes in a baking dish and spread the sour cream over top.  Then cover with shredded cheese.  Bake about 20-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.  Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with green onions and crispy pancetta.

....................................................................................
I am so sad about Joan Rivers passing away.   I know she lived a long life, but its still sad.  My heart breaks for her daughter because I know how close they were.  She was a pretty hilarious lady, I hope she is living it up in heaven now.


I am really loving these flat Madewell boots.  I always think Madewell makes great shoes. 


I just started reading Big Little Lies and I am loving it!!  I loved the Husband's Secret so much I can tell this is going to be another great read.

 

Sterling started school this week, his first day of 4k.  I just want to freeze time.  Between school for him and Frances Moon's first birthday rapidly approaching I feel like time is flying by the blink of an eye.


I always have a hard time styling my square coffee table.  I love how this one is styled.  Plus I really love that antelope rug underneath!


Charleston friends, Mosaic one of my favorite online shops (the actual store is in Lake City, SC) is a having a trunk show here!!  Check out her website too, she is running some great end of Summer Sales.


Happy Friday!!






10 comments:

Jillian said...

yummm that casserole looks so good! i need to add that book to my reading list. have a great weekend! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Lauren Collie said...

Oooh i just finished Big Little Lies- it is SO great! definitely enjoyed it just as much as the Husband's Secret. TGIF!

Unknown said...

Now I need some of that casserole, looks insanely delicious!!! Happy Friday love!

Pamela @ alittleglitter.com said...

Happy Friday! I am reading Big Little Lies next! Cant wait!

Meredith said...

Love the quotes you've posted today! Sterling and Frances are so super cute :) Have a great weekend!

fep516 said...

I use almost that exact same recipe but use cauliflower instead of potatoes, SO delicious!

FLEW threw Big Little Lies, it's such a good read!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

That casserole would win my man's heart all over again. Looks so good! And I just bought that book! Glad to hear you love it already. Can't wait to start reading it!! And I definitely cried yesterday when watching all of the tributes to Joan on E! news. Such a sad day.

Christina said...

i LOVE that picture of sterling! have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

You have got to read What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty too. It is fabulous!!

Val said...

That casserole has my name all over it.....