Monday, September 8, 2014

Scenes From Our Weekend

This weekend was one for the books.  Let's start with how it ended on Sunday.

Our ceiling literally fell out.  So the weird thing is Matt and I were watching TV Saturday night and I said that's weird, what is that line in the ceiling?  He said oh its been there no big deal.  We get up Sunday morning and Sterling goes Mom the ceiling is about to fall.  I walk in and it looks worse than the night before,  still had no idea it would bust through.  Matt got up and looks at and said we need to move the couch Stat and put a sheet down.  Literally 5 seconds after everyone gets off the couch and we move it the ceiling collapses.  You don't understand how lucky we are that no one got hurt and was underneath when it collapsed.  God was watching over us and I am so thankful.  The stuff that fell out was disgusting, not fun to clean up.  We think the AC unit had maybe been leaking- something had been causing water to build up and the ceiling was just saturated.  So today I call Homeowners Insurance and pray they cover it! 
 

Friday, I decided to invite a few friends to the Yacht Club for Happy Hour and let the kids play, it was a great idea.  We got to watch a beautiful storm roll in.


Sterling practiced his prom pose with a younger lady, if this isn't foreshadowing I don't know what is.
I adore this picture it is so cute.


Wore this gorgeous Mara Hoffman Dress from Mosaic Clothing twice since Wednesday.  Such a great maxi and so comfy- it would be a great maternity dress because it is so loose.  I will be wearing this thru fall, I can't wait to pair it with my Vince Leather jacket once it cools off.



I made a big batch of Gwyneth Paltrow's Carrot Ginger Dressing from her cookbook It's All Good.  If you have her cookbook you must make this it was delicious.  I made up my own chopped salad to serve it with.  You can also find the dressing recipe Here


Saturday night we did a boat ride before bed and it was lovely.  We saw like 6 dolphins, Sterling was so excited.



We saw the most beautiful sunset.  It reminded me of how good God is.


Enjoyed some time in my new Plum Pretty Sugar Robe trying to tackle all my September magazines.  Why do they make the September issues so thick???  Either way I love reading for all the Fall inspiration.


If you need a new robe, I just adore mine.  They are the softest most comfortable robes.  Also in a long version Here


Snapped this precious picture while Frances Moon was supposed to be napping was dancing instead.  She is such a doll.  I ordered the Blabla pillow over the Labor Day sale and we just love it.


Word to this quote






13 comments:

Emily Satzger said...

Yikes, glad y'all were all safe! That robe is gorgeous, I love the shade of yellow and price tag! Great Mara Hoffman dress :)

Emily from F Is For Blog

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

First I am so glad none of that mess fell on y'all on the kiddos! It looks like you had a great weekend and the photo of you and FM & Sterling on the boat is a framer! And I'm going to need to order that amazing robe! Hope to see you this week friend! Let me know if you want me to come over and take down that wall ;-)

Jillian said...

bummmmmer about the ceiling but im glad everyone is okay! we just discovered we have a small leak in our bedroom ceiling EEEKS! really hoping the ceiling stays up. happy monday. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Ellen Ross | Ask Away Blog said...

I sure hope they cover that!!! Atleast you had some fun times this weekend :o)
XO Ellen from Ask Away Advice & Fashion Blog
www.askawayblog.com

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Ugh, still hate that about your ceiling! More of a pain in the butt than anything. Glad you had a good weekend otherwise! The September issues are my fave! The month of September is fashion's Christmas! Happy Monday! :)

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your ceiling!! Such a pain, but so thankful you were all safe. Looked like a perfect weekend with family and friends aside from that and I need one of those blabla pillows!!

Pink and Green Mom said...

Ughh...I hope your homeowners insurance doesn't drag their feet and gets that taken care of ASAP!

Colleen Sullivan said...

So sorry about your ceiling! I hate waiting on home repairs / contractors!

Pamela @ alittleglitter.com said...

Oh my gosh - that is scary about your ceiling! Good thing you guys moved!

Unknown said...

Oh goodness, that's awful...so glad you guys were out of the way! Dealing with insurance companies is always such a pain! Hopefully they will act fast! Loving that snake maxi you wore too!

Nat said...

Geez so awful about the ceiling- so happy that no one was hurt! That picture with Matt and the kids is so sweet

Jen Watts said...

well, clearly I like your last picture much more than the first! Frances in that romper is sheer perfection. The ceiling thing almost happened to us too! We saw the line in time though. I still have no clue what happened…maybe a clogged filter or something?

The Storm Friday was crazy! I think we on Poogan's front porch when it happened!

Unknown said...

Always love these posts.. good luck with your ceiling, such a bummer! Love love love that dress and what a gorgeous sunset.