Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Zucchini + Spinach + Bacon Egg Muffins


I have been on the hunt for a new breakfast.  I go through phases where I love something and eat it everyday.  I did that with hard boiled eggs and then peanut butter toast and got burned out on both.  I like something pretty easy in the mornings.  I need it to be quick because I am usually dealing with the kids.   These muffins are super tasty and easy! The muffins can be made ahead of time and reheated.  You can freeze them or they will keep in the fridge about 3 days. The possibilities for fillings are endless.  You could do all veggies, meat,  or a combo of both like I did.  I thought they were so delicious and the best part I stayed full- really full til lunch and usually I am starving.
Enjoy!


|| B R E A K F A S T   E G G   M U F F I N S ||
- 6 eggs ( 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites)
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 cup spinach sliced or broken up in small pieces
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 5 pieces of bacon crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper

Sautee the zucchini in olive oil about 5-7 minutes to soften.  Whisk together the eggs and egg whites.  Add in milk, salt and pepper and cheese.  Stir in zucchini, spinach, and bacon.  Grease muffin tin and pour mixture in, this mixture makes 9 muffins.  Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes.

 






8 comments:

Nickie said...

I'm glad you noted that these muffins keep you full b/c that is exactly the problem I have...eating a breakfast that will keep me full until lunch. Most of the time I don't have time for a mid-morning snack. Thanks for the suggestion. Can't wait to try these. :)

Unknown said...

Yuuum!!! I love a good breakfast muffin!!

Jillian said...

yum! i'd probably want to eat 10 in one sitting hah xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Ashley said...

um yum! I always love all of your food posts!

scarlettmoonblog.blogspot.com/

RWH said...

I love egg muffins for an easy to grab breakfast on the way out the door (made ahead, of course)! I've tried a couple of versions-- one just with different veggies and another with kind of a southwest twist (black beans, corn, green chillies, etc.). I'll try your recipe next :)

Erin said...

Yum! I just made some burritos for the freezer and chocolate and banana muffins. It makes the morning so easier!!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

These sound so good and healthy! I'll need to try making them!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

So funny, I made some of these last night for Matthew's lunch bag!!!! So easy and so good!