Monday, September 15, 2014

Scenes From Our Weekend

This weekend the kids and I decided to head to Charlotte for a quick trip for my mom's birthday. I hate that we don't live in the same town so we rarely get to celebrate birthdays together. It was a quick trip but a good one!

My mom surprised Sterling when we got in town with a Olaf costume.  He was a little jealous Frances got her costume before him so he was ecstatic to get his own costume.  My mom found the costume at Party City for all you Frozen Fans like us.


We took the kids to the mall which they always love.  Thank you to Nordstrom for the free balloons.  They kept Sterling happy for awhile.


I finally got to meet my newest nephew Maxton and I am so in love.  He is the most scrumptious baby ever.  Dare I say it made me miss having a newborn around.  The noises and facial expressions they make are so darn cute.


Wore this tee shirt all weekend.  I swear by the Rag and Bone Jackson Tees and love the faded look of this one.  I like that they are longer and not too fitted.  I am in small for those curious.


We celebrated my mom's birthday.  I made a homemade peanut butter cake (thank you pinterest).  My mom loves peanut butter desserts and this cake was fairly easy to whip together.  You can find the recipe HERE.  It was good but I felt like the cake cooked too long and was a bit dry the icing however was awesome!!
Wearing my favorite Pheobe Sandals 


We enjoyed a fun Mexican dinner out because lets be real with crying kids Mexican is always a good idea!  They can be loud and no one notices:)  Frances Moon was showing us how she claps and Sterling is always loving on Finley.



Sunday I went to Loft to try on the nude blouse in person and loved it!!  Get it while you can such a great neutral color and fit.  You can't beat the price!


Love seeing my dad with all the grand kids. Melts my heart and the kids all love their Big Poppie so much!


My sister and I hit up the Winestore for some wine for our Sunday dinner.  It is my favorite wine shop in Charlotte.  I love their tasting machines.  It is great to sample the wine before you buy it and they have such a great selection!!


This was one of our favorite wines we tasted. We bought 4 bottles of it! I highly recommend.



Happy Monday!





11 comments:

Unknown said...

aww that little baby is SO cute :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Looks like a great weekend. I love seeing a bunch of sweet babies in one picture. Can't wait until my house is full of them! And I'll definitely be trying that wine. Always love a new wine rec!

Georgine said...

Saw you and mom at the mall on Saturday... both looking fab! Would love to hear about your Charlotte favorites one day :)

Leslie said...

I love that picture of your dad and all the grandkids. It's so cute! Also, love Sterling's costume!

The Grass Skirt Blog said...

It looks like such a fun weekend- especially the wine. LOL. I also live in Charlotte!
The Mini Skirt

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend trip! Hate I missed you, you'll have to let me know when you are here next time!

Susan W. said...

Next time you are looking for a peanut butter cake, this is my most favorite PB Cupcake recipe - http://www.thecrepesofwrath.com/2010/05/24/peanut-butter-cupcakes-with-peanut-butter-frosting/ I decorate them with mini Nutter Butters and they are so cute!

Colleen Sullivan said...

I love that winestore place! I have to find one near me!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! That wine store is so up my alley!! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures. hope u had a great weekend Porter Handbags

Unknown said...

Beautiful family!