Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Best Mojito Recipe + Labor Day Scenes

Happy Tuesday Y'all!
I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend. Ours was busy but so fun.

I have to share this recipe for the best mojito ever.  My brother in law, makes the best one I have ever tasted.  I am not big on mixed drinks usually they are too sweet for me, but he makes this one perfectly.  He said it was inspired by a Mojito he had in Puerto Vallarta.  It is the perfect mix of fizz, mint, and lime. Here is what you need (also not pictured is a muddler)

Take your glasses and line them up.  Place a tablespoon of sugar in each glass, the juice of one lime per glass, and a handful of mint.  Muddle all that together.  Then add a 1 oz shot of Rum and 2 oz of club soda.  Add ice and serve. I promise you will love these.


Us ladies sure did!


The best part of this weekend was spending time with my family.  We always love having cousin Finley in town.  These three are just the sweetest together.



and we have a new cousin addition!! My brother and his wife had their baby boy, Maxton, last week!  I can't wait to meet him and for him to join this crazy crew!  He is just the cutest thing ever, makes me miss the sweet newborn days (minus the no sleep).  Can't wait to snuggle him soon!


Friday my mom and I did a little shopping.  I have still been looking for a rug for our screen porch but can't find exactly what I have envisioned yet.  We headed to Celadon.  They have a great rug selection, and while they didn't have what I wanted for the porch I did snag one for our kitchen and two lamps for our bedroom!  Frances loved checking out the rug selection.


Our new kitchen rug, I just adore it.


Saturday we went for a boat ride bright and early.  We have to go early these days because of the kids, it just gets too hot.

I made the most delicious Breakfast Casserole before our boat ride.
It is super easy and so good \\  BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Layer a roll of crescent rolls in the bottom of baking dish.  Top with cooked crumbled sausage (I use the hot kind), then top with two cups of cheese (I do a blend of mozzarella and Gouda).  Whisk 6 eggs with one cup of milk and pour over everything.  Bake at 400 degrees about 25 minutes. Enjoy!


Saturday night we ate at Big Belly again, it was so good and love that it is kid friendly.  Their wings are the best wings I have ever had!  I tried their beer flights this time, it was fun to sample different beers.


Sunday we hit up the Yacht Club, our favorite activity with the kids:)  I just adore this family photo Matt's friend snapped of us!


A great weekend over all but I have to admit I am ready for a routine and school to start!  Frances Moon sure is pooped from all the fun though!


On a side note don't miss the Nordstrom Clearance Sale.
I finally ordered these Tory Burch sandals I had been eyeing.  Once they arrive I will report back if they are as good in person as the look online.  Sizes are going fast so buy while you can!  It stays warm here for awhile so I figured I had plenty of time left to wear them paired with jeans.


A few other great deals from the sale- scroll thru to view.
I own the House of Harlow leather station necklace and love it, such a great deal now.
 Shop the whole sale HERE








12 comments:

Cory (playdates and prescriptions) said...

That family pic is perfect! All smiles!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! I love a mild mojita. I'm going to need to try that recipe. And your new rug looks great! Happy September!!

Jillian said...

mmmm mojitos are the best! that breakfast casserole also looks good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Melissa W. said...

You need to order a Dash & Albert Indoor/outdoor rug! You can wash them in the washing machine! They are stylish, practical, and functional! GDC has a sample selection of the patterns! They are the BEST rugs!!

Heather said...

I love the family picture, especially Frances' smile! :)

Mrs. W said...

Perfect little weekend! I have to try the breakfast casserole, how easy!

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

It looks like y'all had a nice weekend with the family! Love the new rug!

Leslie said...

That breakfast casserole looks amazing! Also, I love that picture of Frances with the embroidered star. So precious!

Emily Satzger said...

That's such a simple mojito recipe and sounds delicious! Have you looked at Southern Accent Designer Showcase in Mount Pleasant? I have gotten a few rugs from there and find their prices to be reasonable.

Kathleen {Life With Red} said...

I want to try this mojito recipe ASAP!

Kelly Mock said...

That casserole looks super yummy!!!
http://happilyevermock.blogspot.com/

Brittany said...

Been wanting those TB sandals for awhile...was glad I was finally able to scoop them up on sale. They are super cute...although the fit is a tad weird, but still kept them.