Thursday, August 15, 2013

New Foodie Things you Need to Buy


I consider myself a real foodie.   I dream about food and a good meal makes me insanely happy.  I take eating very seriously.   After one meal I am already planning what I want to eat for the next meal.  I have been trying alot of new food items lately and wanted to share a few of my favorites.  What is your favorite new food find?

Harry and Sons Green Tea with Thai Flavors
In keeping with my Thai obsession, I found this tea at Target and I am smitten with it.  I love the light coconut flavor.  I have yet to have it warm I have just been making pitchers of it iced and it is so refreshing.


 Sour Cream and Wasabi Rice Crackers
These crackers are insanely good.  Like so good I almost ate an entire box, in my defense the boxes are small.  If you like wasabi you will be addicted to these.  I found them at Whole Foods.


Creme Brulee Dessert Truffles
I love a small bite of dessert after a meal.  These truffles are individually wrapped and the perfect size for a sweet bite.  They are so creamy and good.  Problem is it is hard to eat just one.


Earthfare Maple Creme Cookies
The nice man at Earthfare opened a box of these to help me entertain Sterling while I shopped, I sampled his and promptly bought a box.  They are so good, just don't look at the calories.


Aidells Spicy Jalapeno Mango Sausage
This is some of the best chicken sausage I have ever had.  I actually tasted all the Aidells Sausages and they are all amazing, but this was my favorite flavor.  I always love something with a spicy bite.


Hunter Snack Mix
This snack mix is some of the best I have had.  I have no joke eaten a whole bag by myself, it is addictive.  It is perfect to put out in a little dish while you are having happy hour.  If you are lucky you can sometimes find this at TJMaxx and Homegoods.  I scarf it up there.


Honey Bunches of Oats Tropical Blend
This the new favorite cereal in the Mason Household.  We go thru a box a week.  It has real coconut flakes and mango in it.  It tastes like the tropics plus it it not too high in sugar or calories.


 
G.H. Cretors Popcorn Chicago Mix
My parents had this popcorn at their house and I could not stop eating it.  It was the perfect savory sweet combo with the cheddar and caramel popcorn.  You can buy a bag of each flavor but I kind of prefer it mixed, the best of both worlds.
Palermos Roasted Veggie Flatbread
I am not a huge frozen pizza fan but it is a necessary evil sometimes.  As far as frozen pizzas go Palermos is my favorite brand.  I had never tried their flatbreads before and decided to give them a go while they were on sale at Harris Teeter.  I was pleasantly surprised,  it was pretty darn good.  It actually had a lot of veggies on it, which was nice.  I added extra mozzarella, feta, and red pepper flakes because frozen pizzas never have enough cheese or flavor,  and that helped.  I would definitely buy these flatbreads again.


Sabra Cucumber Dill Veggie Dip
I have mentioned this before but this yogurt dip is my new favorite snack.  Only 35 calories a serving and it is so good with veggies or pita chips dipped in it.


Are you hungry now??
xoxo

17 comments:

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

OMG. Those Godiva bites look crazy good. I'm with you - I have to have 1 bite of sweet after dinner, even if i'm stuffed.

Hileman 'Great Expectations' said...

Where do you find the sausages?

Kyle said...

Glad you found the tea! Isn't it amazing...and Target...who knew?!

Pretty in Pink said...

harney and sons paris tea is my all time favorite. put some honey and cream in it!

pretty little things said...

I consider myself a foodie as well and im always down for trying something new and interesting! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com

Christina said...

definitely want those sausages!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Great list! I am writing multiple items down to look for the next time I am out shopping!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love this!! They don't have that Aidells variety in our stores. I wish they did. I've tried all the other ones. :-)

Tess said...

Yes, now I'm starving. Those wasabi crackers sound freaking fantastic.

Kristen said...

OMG the Chicago mix! My neighbor introduced that to me and I ate almost the whole bag standing her driveway. Addictive!

Anonymous said...

I have become obsessed with green tea, but here's the thing..I hate the taste. I just heard how good it is for you so I get the straight up..non sweetened kind. I may need to get this at Target to take the edge off. haha! Those maple cookies are deeeelish!!! xoxo

Portuguese Prepster said...

ummm these all have me starving!!

Colleen Sullivan said...

YUM! I've never tried any of the things on this list (I'm surprised by that!) but I think I'll be looking for them the next time I'm shopping!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Those Creme brûlée bites look amaaazing!! I'm going to need to try those ASAP!! :)

Sadie + Stella said...

You are a foodie just like me. It is so serious!!

tenth avenue south said...

Yum, yes!

Also, have you heard that JCrew launched a maternity line? So far they have versions of their Minnie and Pixie pants! Just had to share (I'm due a month behind you).

Allison said...

I have been reading for a while, but I am a total lurker. Despite my lack of style and my inability to make a cheese plate, I've long thought we would be kindred spirits if we lived any closer. Your comments about how you are always looking forward to the next meal sealed the deal. I know we'd be friends! Thanks for the endless entertainment!