Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thoughts For Thursday

Happy Thursday Friends. I am so excited because my whole family gets in town tomorrow and we head for our week long family vacay Saturday. This year we are just headed to Isle of Palms, a quick drive for us. As close as we live to Isle of Palms I never venture over that way so I can't wait to try out some restaurants and shop over there- any locals send me recs! 

If you follow me on Instagram you already saw these two dresses but I had to share because they are both fabulous and a great deal.  Both are not maternity but work well with a bump.

I bought a size Medium for those curious.  Not pregnant I would have bought a small but I wanted room to wear it for awhile.

I got in small in this dress.  It is super stretchy.  However not sure I will still be able to wear it nine months pregnant but for now it works.  I love this dress so much!


Have you heard of the candy line DELISH?  Well it is incredible.  Mom and I found it Walgreens and promptly went back for more.  Highly recommend.


Per several recommendations I started reading Marcus Samulesson's Memoir,  Yes Chef.   It is such a good read and a great insight into the food industry.  Any books I should download for our beach trip next week?  I usually read 3-4 books on our beach trips!


In the past week, I have made Gwennie's Roasted Cauliflower and Chick Peas Recipe.  It is insanely good.  It is from her cookbook, Its All Good.  I have to say I have been very impressed with both her cookbooks, all the recipes I have tried have been really good.

 As if I needed another reason to shop, ShopBop just marked down sale items even more.  Check out the sale HERE.  I have been eyeing this Joie top forever and now it is 40% off.  I love the blush pink color, but the spicy orange would be cute for fall.  I have this Joie Dress and have loved it this summer, it is super lightweight and comfy,  now on sale too.
{Joie Keannate Blouse}

I am tempted to snag this tie dye Joie Dress too because it could totally be worn into the Fall with a blazer or leather jacket!  It is 40% off too!  Good deals to be found HERE.
{Joie Fori Dress}

How cute are these cookies for the Holidays?  I am always trying to think of cute ways to package goodies for the holidays and love this!  Would also be cute as a party favor.


Pretty Please do me a favor and go vote for my friend Julia Ryan (aka Pawleys Island Posh) to win the Serena and Lily Room Makeover.  Her little girl Wells so deserves this!  You can vote HERE, it takes like two seconds.  and if you feel crazy you can vote once an hour up to 10 times a day.  Help my good friend out!


Have a good Thursday!
xoxo




18 comments:

Dina said...

Seabiscuit Cafe for breakfast for sure, THE best! If you venture in to Daniel Isl, Ali Baba's is my favorite lebanese food, and in Mt P off 17N just past 41 is Umi, the best sushi I've ever had and can't find anywhere in Atl that even comes close! I'm jealous, enjoy :-)

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

You're so sweet to post Well's picture on here! And I absolutely adore that Asos dress on you!! You look amazing!

Sadie + Stella said...

You are the cutest pregnant person EVER!!!

caycee said...

I still cant get over how awesome that dress looks on you!loving those cute cookies too!

Lucy said...

We have a condo in wild dunes and go every summer! We love going upstairs at Morgan Creek to have cocktails and let the kids watch the boats. They have bocce ball too. It's right on the marina, so fun! Seabiscuit is a must for breakfast too!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

You look adorable in those dresses! That cauliflower dish looks soooo yummy!

Unknown said...

IOP is our beach of choice in the Lowcountry. I would say I'm partial the Windjammer because my hubby is one of the volleyball regulars there. We may even be there! And definitely Acme Cantina is great. Coconut Joe's has good options for kids to eat. As far as shops, for the most part they are tourist trinket shops or surf brand clothing stores.

Kitty and June said...

Love those dresses! I just read Fly Away by Kristen Hannah. So good-but watch out bc it's a tear jerker!

Jill said...

You must read "The Light Between Oceans." It was great and made me cry which never happens when I read.

Julia Ryan said...

Thank you so much for routing for us Nat! Xoxoxox

Portuguese Prepster said...

that recipe looks delish and I'm a huge chickpea fan! I'll have to try it

The wife said...

Head over to Sullivan's Island and try High Thyme. Fantastic!

Holly said...

I cannot deal with how cute that dress is! And at $27.50?!

Chelsea said...

I am loving tie dye lately -- that dress is awesome. Also -- I don't know if I have ever seen someone with such awesome pregger style -- werk ;)

the hoppe pad said...

I just finished reading "Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes...it was amazing!

Erin Goodchild said...

That Zara dress looks fantastic on you!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous of your family vacay...but I am at least going to the beach for the weekend!! You looks so adorable in that Zara dress, perfection! Hope you have a fabulous vacay!! XoXo

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I tried on that Zara dress but didn't get it, still thinking about it, looks gorgeous on you ;)