Thursday, August 1, 2013

Round Here.

Happy Thursday!  My parents are in town and we are operation get nursery started! I love having my parents visit. I hope Sterling and baby girl want to hang out with Matt and I when they are older like I do with my parents.  I love spending time with my parents.  
Thought I would share a few happenings around here.


Lamps.com was sweet enough to send me this lamp that I originally planned to use in the nursery.  That was until Sterling saw it and insisted it needed to go in his room.  How can I say no to him when baby girl keeps getting stuff, I wanted him to have something new too.  So we put it in his room and it looks awesome.  I love that it is so sleek and modern.  I never met a piece of Lucite I didn't like.  This is my new favorite lamp in our house.  Lamps.com has some really killer lamps.  If you see something you like they are offering my readers 10% anything!  Just use code DESIGNERBAGS at checkout.



My favorite thing about this lamp is that it has a dimmer switch so you can make it as bright or not bright as you like.  It is perfect for Sterling because he insists on having a light on when he sleeps so I can leave it on the dimmer setting.


It comes in 8 different colors.  I loved the clear but I think the hot pink or green or bright blue would be so fun in a kids room!  Check out the whole selection at Lamps.com!


..............................................................................................................

Last week while I was home we went up to my grandfathers house to look at some of his stuff and see if we wanted anything.  Always a sad thing to do, but also special that we were able to pick out pieces with special meaning to each of us.  I got a piece of furniture I plan to use as the changing table in the nursery (pics later) and this horse picture, I always loved it.  I hung it our den and it makes me smile every time I see it because it reminds me of my grandparents.


.......................................................................................................

I narrowed the paint down to three colors for the nursery.  I am such an advocate of testing paint colors first, they look so different on the walls than in pictures.  Here are the three choices, my dad is painting this weekend so I will show pics next week and reveal which color we choose.

1 Pratt and Lambert Quartz Moon | 2 Benjamin Moore Misty Lilac | 3 Farrow and Ball Pink Ground


My friend Katie let me borrow her book, House Beautiful Colors For Your Home and I must say it was super helpful.  It has swatches of the paint and then decorators advice beside it.  It is categorized by room and color.  It lead me to colors #2 and #3 which are fore runners.  Plus the book is small you can throw it in your purse and just take it to the paint store.  They matched my paint right out of the book!

.........................................................................................

My sister is giving me this piece of artwork from her house that she is not using that I hope to use in the nursery,  depending if it will go with our paint color and other patterns.  My thought is to hang it horizontally over the crib.  It is even more awesome in person, this picture doesn't do it justice.  I love non-baby art for nurseries.


.................................................................................................................
I made the most amazing kale salad last night for dinner.  My mom recommended it and it was awesome.  It is the New York Times Tuscan Kale Salad.  I highly recommend it, it is so simple but delicious.   It is better the longer you let the dressing sit on it, I thought it was even better the second day after it sat for 24 hours.  Also I doubled the dressing recipe and used panko breadcrumbs instead of making my own (who has time for that)!


.............................................................................................
I continue to be obsessed with Rag and Bone, is there a line any more perfect than Rag and Bone?  Their clothes fit impeccably and their shoes are amazing.  Latest score this stripped dress- can you tell I am loving stripes this pregnancy?  This dress will be great post pregnancy as well.  I picture it in the Fall with a blazer and my Rag and Bone Booties.  It is on sale (40% percent off, which Rag and Bone rarely is)  snag it while you can - runs true to size, it does have stretch in it.  I got a small for those curious.
Had to show a side view because I love the stripe down the side.


............................................................................................................
In continuing with my reading bonanza this Summer, I have been addicted to Mary Kay Andrews books.  I just devoured these two the last week.  Such easy, fun, chick reads.  Anyone read any of her other books?


.................................................................................................
Lastly, Rikshaw Designs is having their big Summer sale, almost everything is 50% off.  How adorable is this outfit for baby girl?   They have tunics for women too! Check out their sale HERE.


xoxo


26 comments:

Natalie said...

Totally with you on Rag & Bone -- literally perfect. You look so insane in that dress. Love the art and your paint colors, cannot wait to see how the nursery turns out!

Pink Flamingo Style said...

That lamp is perfect! I love that Sterling has such good taste this early on. You are the dream future mother in law!!!

Pink and Fabulous said...

I love that dress and that lamp! I cannot wait to see how the nursery turns out, it is going to be so fab!!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

That baby outfit is the cutest ever! Have fun with your nursery this weekend!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I might *hate* you a tiny bit that you are pregnant and still wear a small!! (just teasing). Love that dress!

Erin said...

Love paint color number 2!! And you should take all side pics....you're rockin' that belly, sister!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

That dress looks amaze on you and yes rag & bone is the bomb. That art will be awesome in there - love the lamp too. Oh and that kale salad looks lovely.

megan said...

Baby girl is going to have such a stylish nursery! Now where is that lasagna recipe? :)

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Cannot wait to see which color y'all choose for the nursery! Sterling has good taste... love the lamp, too.

LynnC said...

An awesome grey-lavender paint color is Silver Peony by Sherwinn Williams. My daughter's room is painted this color and it is subtle yet still girly without being too in-your-face. :)

Tiffany Leigh said...

I am so in love with that horse painting! What a beautiful way to remember your grandparents daily. So special.
Can't believe I am only discovering your blog now...I'm excited to see the nursery!

Julia Ryan said...

Love that lamp! Can't wait to see what color you pick for the nursery !

Alicia xoxxo said...

Great post! Can not wait to see the nursery! Love paint color #2! And you look beautiful and glowing! :)

Alicia xoxxo said...

Great post! Can not wait to see the nursery! Love paint color #2! And you look beautiful and glowing! :)

Pink and Green Mom said...

Love that lamp! You are looking fab as always!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love the lamp and can't WAIT to see baby girl's nursery come together!! xo

Sensational Finds said...

Love paint option #3! Your looking amazing.

http://sensationalfinds.blogspot.com

Kara said...

love the rag & bone dress! Also, I have read a couple of Mary Kay Andrews books that were fun reads. I really enjoyed the Fixer Upper (you should add that one to your reading list for sure), and Savannah Breeze was pretty good too! I'll have to check out the ones you are reading when I have some free time ;)

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Baby girl is going to have such a pretty nursery, can't wait to see the finished product! Also, I am a huge fan of stripes too so I absolutely love that dress! Xoxo

Happily Ever Parker said...

You have me on the Rag & Bone train but I have yet to buy anything. I think I should reward myself with some new jeans :)

Gracie Johnston said...

Savannah Breeze by Mary Kay Andrews is great too! Love her books!

Unknown said...

I love that lamp...I've never met a piece of lucite I didn't love either!!! It looks great in Sterling's room!! Adore the horse picture and that piece from you sister is so pretty too!! Can't wait to see how the nursery is coming along!

RealHouseWifeOfNOVA said...

love the horse print, how special! I too was lucky enough to have special art, etc from my grandparents home! you need that baby outfit, adorbs!
Lauren

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I'm in love with all three color choices for the nursery! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Lynne said...

I love that horse print and your fashion choices.

I noticed you referred to the striped dress as stripped. Probabaly a typo. The stripe down the side is a nice touch.

tanu sharma said...

You will discover a great variety of accessories like Women Designer Handbags and Top Luxury Brands.