Friday, August 30, 2013

Project Nursery Update

 I am having the best time putting together baby girl's nursery.  There is something so fun about decorating a child's room.  While I am on vacation next week I have asked some of my favorite bloggers and friends and to compile mood boards for Baby Mason's Nursery.  I can't wait to see what they put together, I know it will be fabulous!  Hopefully some of you preggo ladies can gain some inspiration from their designs!

In the meantime I thought I would share some of the progress we have made on the nursery and few fun things we have bought to accessorize with.

This is our main artwork for the nursery that my sister gave us.  It is a huge abstract painting and the colors go perfectly with what I am envisioning.  The lamp and elephant were from Sterling's nursery, it is always nice to reuse things when you can and save money.

The wooden piece underneath was a piece of furniture I picked out from my grandfather's house after he passed away.   It is so special to me.  It will be the changing table. The stuff sitting on top of it is not staying there, we just set it there til we are ready to finalize the room.


I found the brass tray at Target and it is amazing.  I highly recommend for any room in your house.  I am going to use it to sit lotion and wipes etc on for the changing table.

 I also found this fabulous gold side table from Target that I plan to use beside our rocking chair.  That way I can set a drink or book on it while I nurse or rock the baby.

This mirror I snagged at Homegoods will most likely hang above the changing table.


I selected this Waverly fabric, Seeing Spots Noir,  for our rocking chair.   The rocking chair was my great mothers that we also used in Sterling's nursery and we are just recovering it.


 You might remember our rug from Lulu and Georgia I showed a few weeks ago.  I am so excited about it, it is such a fabulous rug.  This weekend Lulu and Georgia is having a Labor Day sale and you get 25% off anything you order.  Use code LABORDAY25 when you check out.

I picked up these Serena and Lily Baskets for storage in the nursery.  They are even better in person than I thought they would be.

We are using this Biscuit Home Crib Sheet with lilac dots.
 And this West Elm Mongolian Lamb Pillow will either go on rocking chair or crib.


All I really have left to do is select curtains, a few other pieces of artwork, and find a light fixture.  I also need brass pulls for our white dresser- any suggestions where to find cool brass pulls?

I am debating between these two Lulu and Georgia Light Fixtures.  I really like them both just not sure what will look best in the space.



And I had to share to an adorable outfit I snagged for baby girl on major sale at GAP, because what nursery is complete without a well stocked closet??  I just adore the little pom-poms on this.  You can get additional 15% off your order at GAP with code GAPNEW
[SWISS DOT TOP | SWISS DOT BLOOMERS ]


Have a fabulous weekend!  I am off to pack and get ready for vacay!
xoxo


22 comments:

caycee said...

What will I do for a week for no Natalie :( on a positive note the nursery is looking so good, and that gap outfit is precious!!

Kyle said...

Have the best vacation!!! Love how the nursery is coming together it is really chic! : )

Marche' said...

I love love love your ideas! I really like the brushed brass knobs here! My favorite is the Lewis Dolin option (the first one)

http://search.myknobs.com/cgi-bin/myknobs.pl?text=brushed+brass+knob

Katie said...

Loving how the nursery is coming along! Cannot wait to see the final reveal. I like the rihannon light. I also have that tray from Target and love it.
Have a wonderful vacation! :)

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Baby Mason is already so stylish. Her nursery is going to be fab, I'm sure. Have the best vacation!!

Sadie + Stella said...

OMG I am dying. This is going to be THE cutest nursery. Ever.

Jill said...

your nursery is going to be perfect, can't wait to see the final product!!

have a great vacay

Nickie said...

Everything look so good! It IS so much fun to decorate a nursery. Have fun next week. You will be missed!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Ok if you like the look of ring pulls then I found these for $.99 each and they are so good looking!

http://www.acreativedayblog.com/2013/03/brass-hardware-budget-find.html

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

That nursery is going to be so chic!! No pink bunny theme for you! lol

That little baby outfit is adorable.

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

The nursery is going to be so beautiful! I love everything that you've purchased!!! Baby girls are so much fun!

Lili said...

i have that tray and LOVE it! excited to see the completed nursery!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I love that mirror! I need to go to my home goods nad look for it!

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Baby girl's nursery looks so glam already! I really like how you're not doing it super cutesy/babyish, it looks very sophisticated! Have a great vacation, IOP is awesome :)

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

That is going to be one chic nursery!! Can't wait to see it all together. Have a fabulous vacation!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

That is going to be one chic nursery!! Can't wait to see it all together. Have a fabulous vacation!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

That is going to be one chic nursery!! Can't wait to see it all together. Have a fabulous vacation!

Arielle Wren said...

I love your glam choices! Your baby girl is super lucky! Have a fabulous vacay! I'm really enjoying your blog!
~Arielle

Unknown said...

They have like one billion brass pulls on this site:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=48407&cat=3,43520,43521,43559&ap=1

Megan said...

You have to go with the Rihannon lamp, looks like a big fluffy snowflake puff! Perfect for the nursery :)

Megan
IG: megawat
Hello Newlywed Life Blog

Marie said...

Such a cute nursery!

Val said...

I hope you have an amazing vacation!!!