Monday, August 19, 2013

Scenes From Our Weekend

This weekend Sterling and I headed to Charlotte for an engagemant party and to pick up a few things for Baby Girl's nursery. Matt stayed behind to have a solo weekend and do some fishing.   He's lucky right??  What's a solo weekend when you are a mom?  He deserves it though he has been working so hard at his new law firm.

 Before I left town I made a big batch of Seafood Lasagna. It is one of Matt's favorite meals and I figured that way he would leftovers for the weekend while we were gone.  I posted this recipe a long time ago when I started my blog, you can check it out HERE. It is so good and a different spin on lasagna which is always nice.  It is creamy goodness filled with crab and shrimp!


For the engagement party I wore my new favorite Rag and Bone Dress.  I am telling you I wear this dress all the time and I think I will love it just as much not pregnant.  It is such a great staple dress for your closet.  The navy version I am wearing is 60% off HERE and Shopbop has the gray version on sale for 50% off HERE.  Both only have mediums and larges left.  If you need a small SAKS has it HERE also on sale.  I got a small because it has quite a bit of stretch to it.


The party was a blast.  The bride to be Lauren is between my sister and I.  To the left of me is my sister in law, Katie.  My sister is wearing my ASOS Floral Dress that I love.


We had to snap a picture of us with my mom. So glad we are adding another girl to mix.  We are all so incredibly close it makes me so excited to have a daughter (heres to hoping she won't hate me).


There was so much incredible food at the party but my favorite was these Goat Cheese Balls with Crispy Apples on top.  I must learn to recreate these for parties.


I love coming to Charlotte because they have a Crewcuts store.  Why did the Charleston JCrew ditch the crewcuts section?? I miss it so much,  it is my favorite place to shop for Sterling.  My parents love treating him to back to school clothes and we picked these up- all sale items are additional 30% off with code SHOP30.   We got the Chinos in the bright yellow, green, and royal blue.  They are my favorite shorts for Sterling.






Sterling is pretty obsessed with the Bulls Eye Tee and wants to rock it all the time.    He put together this outfit himself, and was pretty proud of it.


Sterling has been so sweet lately kissing my belly and talking to his baby sister or "my baby" as he refers to her:)  Matt wasn't home but I had to capture this sweet moment of him kissing my belly and telling her he loved her.


I am off to run some errands with my mom and that includes picking up some Fall Nail Polish.  Have I mentioned I am ready for fall?  I am searching for these two Essie Colors:  Don't Sweater it and Bopping for Baubles.



Happy Monday!
xoxo


20 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Sterling is the sweetest!! Lord. You are looking great mama!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! I may have to go look for those nail polishes oo!!

Ally Harding said...

That rag and bone dress looks great on you! I'm sad it's sold out in a small. I'm going to have to make that seafood lasagna one day this week. It looks to die for!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

You're looking so cute, Momma.

Pink and Fabulous said...

Sterling is going to be such a good big brother! Your daughter is going to adore you!

Natalie said...

Sterling is such a sweet big brother. And you look amazing! I'm with you, so ready for fall and fall nails, can't wait!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

How precious is Sterling kissing your belly? And I love that last nail polish color!

Kitty and June said...

I LOVE fall nail polish!! I swear I can smell pumpkin when I see dark nail colors!!

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

I am so ready for fall, too!!! Love the sweet pic of Sterling kissing your bump. :)

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I love all of your non-maternity maternity clothes! Sterling is growing up so much!!! He's going to make such a great big brother! I've been lusting over the Bobbing for Baubles and need to snatch it up before they sell out! Essie is my favorite brand of polish!

Kristen [Playground Prepster] said...

Sterling is just the cutest!!! What a sweet and stylish little guy :)

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Sterling is the sweetest little thing! Lovin that Rag & Bone dress on you... Pretty sure I could only wear that if I were pregnant. Looking good, Mama!!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Sterling is so sweet! Last night I was looking at that dino tee for Matthew too ;)

Dina said...

That photo is the sweetest ever! And I love that black blouse with the gold (?) polkadots-do you have any idea where its from?

Alexa said...

Love that striped dress on you Natalie...suits you (and baby) so well!

Marie said...

Aw, I love the pic of Sterling loving on his baby :) Too cute. And those nail colors are awesome!

Portuguese Prepster said...

you look awesome and those goat cheese balls sound heavenly

LuLu said...

I love both of the Fall nail color choices.

Val said...

You are the cutest!!!!! Seafood Lasagna - be still my heart!!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I have got to make that seafood lasagna by the end of the week...YUM! Also, love to hear what a sweetie Sterling is being! That picture is so special!