Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Amazing Beef Enchiladas


It has been awhile since I shared a Mexican recipe.  Mexican food is my happy place, absolutely love it.  These beef enchiladas are crazy good.   Easy to whip together and then just pop in the oven.  I served ours with slow cooked black beans and it was the perfect meal!  Cheesy beefy goodness for when you need that Mexican fix!
Enjoy!

|| B E E F  E N C H I L A D A S ||

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, divided
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 8 ounces ground beef 
  • homemade taco seasoning
  • 1 (4.5-ounce) can diced green chiles
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained
  • 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 1/4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, divided
  • 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
  • sliced green onions
  • 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour 1 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish; set aside.
  • Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground beef, green chiles, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.  I added a sprinkling of our homemade taco seasoning here for extra flavor.
  • In a large bowl, combine beef, corn, beans, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
  • To assemble the enchiladas, lay tortilla on a flat surface and spoon 1/4 cup of the beef mixture in the center. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down onto prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and beef mixture. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheeses.
  • Place into oven and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
  • Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, avocado, and green onions if you like!








14 comments:

Ally Harding said...

Yum these look delicious! Mexican is my favorite meal. It's always so easy and good!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I make at least one Mexican recipe just about on a weekly basis. These look so good!

Amanda | Meet @ the Barre

KatiePerk said...

Matt was just asking me if there was something wrong because I didn't have a mexican recipe in the meal plan. I am on a major thai kick.
These look good!

Kristen [Playground Prepster] said...

We have been on a huge mexican kick recently! I just started making our own tortillas from this recipe and I don't think I could go back:
http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2010/05/26/recipe-whole-wheat-tortillas/

It is so easy and kind of therauptic! You might like it :)

Delta Daisies said...

You amaze me more and more everyday with your recipes! You cooked Monday AND Tuesday night in our home! ha! I fixed your cayenne balsamic salad Monday night and the mozzarella stuffed chicken meatballs last night! Both were to die for!

All Dressed Up In Love said...

Yummy!! This looks so good I am a huge sucker for mexican!

Jillian said...

yummm i need to try this dish! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

Oh you know that I can't get enough Mexican...these look delicious!!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Mexican is my fave too. i am def going to make these this weekend. Yummy! Thanks for sharing!

The Daily Stroll said...

I may just make these tonight! Yum!! Thanks for Sharing Natalie :)

The Daily Stroll said...

I may just make these tonight! Yum!! Thanks for Sharing Natalie :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try these! I love your black bean enchiladas!

Val said...

I'm obsessed with Mexican food and loving this recipe.

lvmoon said...

Sounds great! What brand enchilada sauce do you use?