Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tuna + Prosciutto Quiche


I have said it before but I love a quiche.  It is such an easy week night dinner to whip together plus it is filled with protein and healthy.
This quiche came about as way to clean out our fridge and it was really tasty.  The Prosciutto really made the quiche pop and gave it great flavor so don't skip it!  You could easily sub bacon if that is what you have on hand.  Also if you aren't a fan of tuna you could use canned Atlantic salmon or chicken.  Really any meat would work.  The combo of the veggies and meat in this quiche was really tasty!
Enjoy!



|| T U N A + P R O S C I U T T O  Q U I C H E ||

- 1 can chunk tuna in water drained
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup julienne fresh spinach
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour 
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 pie crust homemade or store bought

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Arrange prosciutto slices flat on a baking sheet and bake about 5-10 minutes until crispy.  Crumble once cooled.  Roll pie shell into baking dish and press down.  Bake the pie shell at 400 degrees for 10 minutes- pull out and let it cool.  
In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, flour, baking soda, salt and pepper,  and cheese.
Layer tuna and next 5 ingredients at the bottom of the cooled pie shell.  Pour egg mixture over the top.  Bake at 350 degrees 30-40 mins until bubbly.







11 comments:

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

Yum! That sounds right up my alley, but I have to find something gluten free to replace the dough with. I guess I could make some with rice flour....

Keely said...

A quiche really is a great easy week night meal! I forget them as a dinner option. Thanks for the recipe, did you hear about your girl Gwen and her man officially split. So sad.

Julia Ryan said...

I love quiche!

Eloquently Emily said...

I just posted a quiche recipe myself today! This was my first time making a quiche and mine looks pretty slacking compared to yours! Looks so yummy!

Portuguese Prepster said...

This sounds incredible

Christina said...

hehehe we were just talking about quiche. the adult version of me would LOVE this. ;)

Unknown said...

Oh I haven't had a quiche in so long and this sounds delicious! I just might need to make one now!!

Ali said...

I am actually quiche obsessed. This is an interesting combination.

Unknown said...

I had to pop in to say..omg have you gotten your goop email today?? holy cow that's a surprise!! if you don't subscribe to goop (which im sure you do) you gotta !
- from a fellow Gwynnie P lover!!

Kathleen said...

Inspired for tonight! Mine's got an Italian twist to go with ingredients in my fridge and a yummy caprese salad. Thanks!

Hillary Warlick said...

This looks so good! I have my lunch planned for tomorrow now...maybe I'll top it with some fresh avocado!